Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Shadow's B-Movie Graveyard

Nice new section, and the reviews are very good indeed - well written, and very thorough. They've definitely persuaded me to check out a few of those old movies. :rolleyes:

Amelia- [...]She is also the hottest looking chick in the film, despite the addition of the nerdy glasses.

Hey, I think nerdy glasses (on the right person... like say Amelia) are uber-hot. :D

Now I finally get that reference I saw once about the Thing being a giant carrot in the original movie :D

If you take suggestions about a movie to review in the future, I think "the Wraith" with young Charlie Sheen would be a worthy canditate ;)

Great review btw.

If you take suggestions about a movie to review in the future, I think "the Wraith" with young Charlie Sheen would be a worthy canditate :D

That is actually a good suggestion. I'm trying to work my way through the alphabet and do one film for each letter before doing more and that would make a good "W" film. I just need to locate a copy on DVD.

I've just had my first look around. Initial reaction? You've got a heckuva thing going on here. ;)

If you take suggestions about a movie to review in the future, I think "the Wraith" with young Charlie Sheen would be a worthy canditate ;)

That is actually a good suggestion. I'm trying to work my way through the alphabet and do one film for each letter before doing more and that would make a good "W" film. I just need to locate a copy on DVD.

If you haven't already found it, here is a link to amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...6895089-2313402 :D

After that is 1982's classic Sword and Sorcery epic Conan the Barbarian.

Well, I've watched a few minutes of it. :D

BTW, on the topic of B Movies... For the longest time, I've been trying to remember the name of a movie (or movies?) I watched a long time ago. It was a Japanese monster movie: Godzilla/King Kong/Gamera, that sort of thing. I remember a scene on a ship (at the end of the movie, I think): the ship is being tossed around and one guy is thrown against a wall and crushed by a desk; blood then spurts out of his mouth, IIRC. I also remember a scene where a scientist reveals his giant robot (King Kong?), made to fight whatever monster was attacking — but I'm not sure if that was from the same movie.

Not much to go on, I know, but can anyone put my mind at ease by telling me the name of the movie or movies in question? :o