Sign in to follow this  
Askre

Icelandic Mania

Constant lagging,

everytime I try to log in there, I have almost enough time to make myself a sandwich and a fresh cup of coffee.

And yes I am on cable, and on a very decent speed too. Hell even a site with heavier graphic than is on blogspot loads faster.

I don't know how it is now, and I don't really care. Live Journal seemes to work, and is very fast loading.

Also some people I know from the past are on liveJournal, it was nice to catch up with them again.

Furnation returns, reutnring to normal lives.... well as normal as it gets...

Wee look at the thumbleweed

*thumbleweed rolls by and gostly howling from the wind*

If anybody is having trouble seeing the graphic on my page, please make sure that your browser supports PNG,

it's a graphic format like GIF and JPG,

it is supported by now by most browsers, even the mean old IE :yeah:

I use PNG, becouse JPG blurries everything and is really for photos, not cartoon like colors. And GIF has the nasty tendency to put grainy dots on some colors, PNG is currently the best format of the lot IMO.

So make sure that your browser is up to date, becouse I have tried this site several times on few browsers with no problems.

I have a forum, woot.

http://icelandicmania.proboards18.com/

If anybody is interested in a moderation position, I'm very open for applications.

Sorry for not commenting earlier. I found out myself a few years ago that you'll learn quickly just how little traffic your site has when you try a message board. Maybe you'll have more luck. I don't really have the time right now to sign up, but interest picks up, I'll be there.

I have a forum, woot.

http://icelandicmania.proboards18.com/

If anybody is interested in a moderation position, I'm very open for applications.

Sorry for not commenting earlier. I found out myself a few years ago that you'll learn quickly just how little traffic your site has when you try a message board. Maybe you'll have more luck. I don't really have the time right now to sign up, but interest picks up, I'll be there.

Well technically speaking, I'm using the message more as a news announcement thing but added the other forums in it, in case people would register and want to discuss.

and btw, the new member 'harry' is not Harry from this board :D it was a test account I made and has now been deleted, but apperantly he gets to be the newest registered member until somebody else arrives.

It's mostly there becouse there is no room for real news about the comic on the main comic page, and I know by now that not everybody who visit the comic, go to the main page. So I am hoping they at least go to the forum if they want news/announcements.

It's secondary for me that people register and start discussions there, at the present time I'm content on using it for news and announcements, although I use the main page for that too.

I announce all updates in the website announcements, althoug that one is obvious :(

I'm considering to simply hide the other forums for now and if traffic increases on the site and people actually e-mail me about the forums, then I will reopen them.

Glad you like it, :(

by the looks of things, the next storyline should come in around next week. But so far, like I have planned things, the beginning storyline is the longest one.

Do to the fact that I had changed the forum into an announcement board, I have closed the forum for now.

I rather annouunce things if the site is down on the live journal, besides it's best to open a forum if it's requested, not just out of the blue. Ah well :D

I'm afraid thanks to real life and few other things, I am forced to put the comic on hold

seriously, I really am starting to doubt that I can write for comics, I better just keep with normal stories :jester:

Thanks 'loo, I'll probably bring them back, but currently I just have to take a break, and reorganize things.

On story related news:

I have just finished rewriting Blast from the past, the two parter episodes from my old TaoSHH series.

I have fully edited the rewrite from the first three episodes as well, which I dubbed "The Hunt Begins," that consist of the three episodes Introstory and the Foursome.

In other words, where I'm concerned I'm satisfied with current version. Now I only need to edit "Blast from the Past."

"Telepatchy," which was the sixth episode and "Hidden Relations" are also started in the rewriting process.

On the other hand, I have decided not to rewrite episodes eight, nine and ten that fell under the name "Sleeping evil." And they have been dropped out of canon from my storyworld

As for Robert and Nina, there have been some difficulties with the third chapter, more than I imagined. So it's currently on hiatus.

I'm glad you're still working on these stories. when you say edit, do you literally mean you're making modifications to the existing stories, or are you doing some rewrites? Also, I find it interesting that you took some material out of the canon. Care to explain why?

I'm glad you're still working on these stories. when you say edit, do you literally mean you're making modifications to the existing stories, or are you doing some rewrites?

A bit of colum A and a bit of colum B

Normally when I rewrite, calling it a edit would actually be more correct. Though I do make many modifications.

The only story that currently is completely a rewrite instead of modification is so far "Blast from the Past"

I was too unsatisfied with how I executed that story so basically the only part that's left of it is, Hyum gets kidnapped by Sinda,

Also, I find it interesting that you took some material out of the canon.  Care to explain why?

Becouse they didn't fit into the Story World any longer. I'm currently reorganizing it, bringing a bit of an order into it and trying to maintain a bit of a continuity.

Also since the story was written when some of my characters were still changing, they sometimes seem to drop in and out of character more than they should do.

Plus the conspiracy theme in it didn't sit right with me, in the end I pretty much nullified the whole events that had happened earlier. I decided it was better just scrap it then make a bad attempt of jump starting life in it.

For those who read this topic, you can look forward to something.

I'm officially opening on the coming weeks, a new section on my homepage, featuring the first remake of the original TaoSHH episodes, plus additional information about the people that inhabit that world plus some extra bits and character profiles.

This first edit is completely edited and gone over by me, and will probably be there for the time being since in my mind it is completed and nothing to hinder it being published.

But in the future my current editor will probably go over it and there will be kind of a special edition releashed later :D

But since that is not happening in the near future, both him and me being busy, I will have to let my revision of the story do for now :D

I will announce the opening when it happens.

Well I managed to open it up ahead of schedule

there is a new content on my webpage, now from now on, it will be updated when ever something is ready :)

Edited by Fenriswolf