Sign in to follow this  
The end is the beginning...

Once again, it's time for the MOM contest. Before I get to the rules, however, I regretfully must announce that this will the last MOM contest. The currently interest level just isn't enough to justify spending time on it. Next month we'll vote for our second Member of the Year, and then it's done.

Now, here are the rules.

01) You may not vote for any staff member.

02) You may not vote for our previous MOM (thanatos).

03) You may not vote for yourself.

04) You may vote for the member who you feel has made the most significant contribution to the board in the last month.

05) Try to explain why you feel your candidiate is deserving of the MOM award.

06) Send your votes to karma@lowerdecks.com or drop me a PM.

Once again, a reminder that rule (2) only prevents you from voting for thanatos. You can vote for any other past MOM (except for those who are now on staff).

The polls will close at 12:00pm eastern on Sunday, November 30th.

I'm going to leave this thread open for discussion, but if the incessant requests for an update begin again, it will be closed.

Maybe. I think the staff tried that, right around the time I first joined the board. My recollection is that it didn't go over well, so...

I remember Shadow tells me that Staff of the month didn't work, but I think Staff of the year would be fun. :1eye:

Maybe it could be done via a poll, so the voting would be more anonymous. IMO. Just a thought.

The last MOM? :D:D

It may come back in the future, possibly in a different format. But like I said, it's just not worth it running it every month if I'm only going to get a dozen votes. :1eye:

If I recall, she had to fight to get that many just that once. I think her usual was 15-20.

I'll be voting soon (still not crazy about the MOTY contest though... :1eye:)

If I recall, she had to fight to get that many just that once. I think her usual was 15-20.

And wouldn't a large portion of the dropoff be due to the change of the domain name (didn't you take over before that Kamra?)

EDIT: hehe... I put Kamra. :1eye:

Edited by Cartagia

My favourite typo has always been Larma :D

I always type "Karms" :D

Kamra? :lol:

I averaged 20 or so votes per month. I begged you guys to break the record, which IIRC was 34 votes. You never did though! :1eye:

:D:D

:q:

As you know great and mighty Kamra, my vote has been sent. :D Time to go mop the floors. *sigh*

I'm afraid, I'm unable to choose, this month I have mostly just swept thought the topics and quickly posted and then left the OL, returning maybe later to quickly post again.

So I'm not sure who stands out for this month.

I have been alot less here, than it might appear ;)

Sad to see it is the last, oh well :ohwell:

Edited by Fenriswolf

I'm thinking it might have somthing to do with lots of older members going away... :ohwell:

I've always wanted to be the MoM, now i can see that I probably will never get it. Oh well. ;)

Good luck to whoever wins it this month.

Q what is that about mopping the floors :ohwell::D

My mom's coming to visit so I had to mop the floors. ;) I hate mopping the floors. :D