Sign in to follow this  
fdewaele

Federation Council Debates - Discussion thread.

I take contention with the wording of "conservative and liberal" in the context fdewaele gave them. But otherwise, I might like to take part.

Would it be repetitive for me to be a Vorta Ambassador, and would a representation of said previous individual be relevant to the topic?

I posted too. And yeah, Weyoun's probably right. I don't know if I would characterize a group who undertakes genocide as "conservative" per se-- more like "reactionary zealots" or something. That's pretty serious stuff, deciding to kill all the Remans. A small point, but important.

Also, what does the Federation's "special envoy" do? I'm not familar with that type of position.

Edited by shepdicesare

Weyoun! Welcome back! :D

Don't worry about being repetitve as Dominion ambassador: it's fine!

But I don't know what the Dominion would do in this situation.

Shep, what the Special Envoy does is negotiate with foreign governments, with the total backing of the Council. In short, I'm the Federation's highest diplomat, something like the Secretary of External Affairs. Just another name.

Weyoun! Welcome back! :yeah:

Don't worry about being repetitve as Dominion ambassador: it's fine!

But I don't know what the Dominion would do in this situation.

Shep, what the Special Envoy does is negotiate with foreign governments, with the total backing of the Council. In short, I'm the Federation's highest diplomat, something like the Secretary of External Affairs. Just another name.

ah. Thanks, I understand.

This is a little late, but I haven't had much free time in the last couple of days, but I think the faction advocating closer ties with Vulcan shouldn't be lead by Spock.  Maybe supported by him, but I don't see Spock getting so heavily involved in Romulan politics, or the Romulans willingly accepting him as anything other than a teacher.

I've thought that too therefore in the "game" the progressive rebellion is led by Donatra and Spock is the spiritual leader/guide of the movement. :D

Actually, you're not... the Secretary of State (me :yeah: ) is the highest diplomat. You aren't a Secretary either. You are just a diplomat (often an important former politician) who is sent on special missions by the Secretary of State to try to negotiate settlements of conflicts. He works under the authority of the Secretary of State. In other words you are a very senior Federation ambassador.

Edited by fdewaele

Beware that you don't get poisoned, Shash :devil-smile:

Welcome Back Weyoun :yeah:

The following positions are now filled:

Secretary of State: fdewaele

Secretary of Defense: Excalibur

Starfleet Chief of Operations: Karma

Federation Special Envoy: Shash

Tholian ambassador: Digitalfreak

Klingon ambassador: Capt. Nick Seafort

Romulan ambassador: Askre

Ferengi ambassador: shepdicesare

Vorta ambassador: Weyoun

remain to be filled:

Chief of Starfleet Intelligence

Federation council members (Terran, Vulcan, Andorian, Tellarite, Betazoid, Bolian,... take your pick)

Cardassian Legate

Bajoran Prime Minister

OK! Where do we go from here?

BTW, would'nt there also be a closed session of the Council, without any external Ambassadors? I mean, they would'nt exactly give up their secrets to foreign ambassadors (of course, the :) would bug the Council chambers anyway)!

That's a good idea Shash.

But I don't think the :) need to bug the room. They could just read the topic ;):P

But of course! :)

Just to keep it fair though, they would'nt be able to use that info unless a Fed. posts it in the "public" thread. In other words, that thread is "protected" (yeah! I spent the day programming! So?)

Yes. You could use e-mail, I suppose, but those are really your only options, unless you trust people to stay out of your thread. We certainly aren't going to be creating any password-protected forums for this. :point:

The could always use AIM or something. Or do what Shash suggested :)

I don't know that we all have access to AIM (I, for example, don't right now). It's also tempting to use information that you have, even if you aren't supposed to be using it. Why do you think so many investors use insider information? :D

Speaking of the debate itself, I'm at a total loss of what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't see the Chief of Starfleet Operations involving himself in the debate unless in response to a direct query about something.

Well the Dominion "is" unwelcome in the Federation, so..... :o

So as not to double post....I am puzzled exactly what role the Federation could have as to what the Romulan government and/or people wish to do; aside from stating their position in a foreign policy manner. How much is there to debate as such?

Edited by Weyoun10

Well, we could impose an economic boycott, make a blockade, mobilize Starfleet, send humanitarian aide, try to figure out who the secret Reman supporter is, put diplomatic pressure on the parties involved, react on the things as they develop...

No I'm serious. It would bring the federation closer to the conflict. One of the factions wants to kill the Secretary because he's getting to involved, or because they want the federation to get involved... :unsure:

As long as I don't get harmed in any way that's fine by me but I think it might still be a bit too soon for that to happen, after all we've just barely started :unsure: I haven't done or said anything yet to merit an assassination attempt! :D