Sign in to follow this  
fdewaele

Federation Council Debates - Discussion thread.

You want to be an attache to Karma? :wha: :blink :mymy::(

But seriously, there are quite a few top-level positions, like Chief of Intel. (Section 31, more or less :D ) and any number of Council members. It might make more sense to fill those up first.

Shash is right, there are still important positions to be filled.

The following positions are filled:

Secretary of State: fdewaele

Secretary of Defense: Excalibur

Starfleet Chief of Operations: Karma

Federation Special Envoy: Shash

Tholian ambassador: Digitalfreak

Klingon ambassador: Capt. Nick Seafort

Romulan ambassador: Askre

Ferengi ambassador: shepdicesare

remain to be filled:

Chief of Starfleet Intelligence

Federation council members (Terran, Vulcan, Andorian, Tellarite, Betazoid, Bolian,... take your pick)

Cardassian Legate

Bajoran Prime Minister

Vorta ambassador

I propose the following scenario...

It is the aftermath of NEM. With the elimination of the Imperial Senate and Shinzon's death, the Romulan Star Empire has been plunged into internal strife. Two major parties are vying for supreme power. The conservatives who want to re-establish the Empire's former glory brutally hold the reins but they are opposed by the Spock led faction who wants closer ties with the Vulcans and ergo the Federation. A possible civil war between the two factions is very near... Meanwhile the Remans have declared independence and the Romulan conservatives have started a genocidal war against the Remans but have been bogged down by a fierce Reman defense.

Meanwhile some of the other major powers are secretly mobilizing some of their forces in order to either intervene in the conflict at the behest of one of the parties or for their own gain...

The Federation council debates the events and what to do next...

Edited by fdewaele

Wouldn't that be a bit difficult with them being as yet not recogized by any major power and with them being heavily undersiege/prosecuted? Independence movements most of the time don't get invited to these meetings, they are only taken into account by their "supporter states" and the rest only recoginzes them when they have succeeded in establishing a new state...

Well they've got caves and other caverns in the internal parts of Remus to hide in and they are experts in hand to hand combat and also posses some ships... also remember that the Romulans still have to guard their external borders and that a civil war between conservative and liberal Romulans looms... :)

Well let me immediately start both a new thread and the debate... :D

this thread can be used for discussion.

If any other person wants to join the debate, he can say so in this thread... there are still some vacancies to fill...

Edited by fdewaele

Hmm I wish I could have seen this sooner, becouse I'm not sure how much I can be involved, I was kinda hoping that the first discussion would not need the presence of the Romulan ambassador

Well, we can always assume that you're too busy slaughtering Remans and renegade Romulans to be able to be present at the Council debate :) :)

Well, we can always assume that you're too busy slaughtering Remans and renegade Romulans to be able to be present at the Council debate :):(

Well I did make a statement before going for my ship to Romulus :)

This is a little late, but I haven't had much free time in the last couple of days, but I think the faction advocating closer ties with Vulcan shouldn't be lead by Spock. Maybe supported by him, but I don't see Spock getting so heavily involved in Romulan politics, or the Romulans willingly accepting him as anything other than a teacher.