Sign in to follow this  
fdewaele

Federation Council Debates - Discussion thread.

Hmm...I would nominate myself, if I knew what everyone thought of the topic I proposed.

i would prefer the topic to be secret. the players only learn about it as the game progresses.

Then as all identities seem to have set and all participants have made their participation clear, go start the game :D

Just "tweak" your topic a bit... that should not be that difficult

Edited by fdewaele

I really don't think the space pollution topic is going to work. I can't see the Federation going to war with anyone another power to keep them from overusing warp drive, and there's no appreciable inter-power trade, so if the Romulans or the Breen or whoever don't want to listen to the Federation, they're not going to, and no amount of talking will make a difference.

It would have to be someone with significant resources, and I really don't see what either the Romulans or the Federation would see themselves gaining by destroying subspace.

It's worth noting that if someone assumes the role of 'dungeon master' then we'll be down one more player. I suspect that we're going to find outselves in a position where the DM will have to assume control of one or more parties just to make things work.

Edited by Karma

I really don't think the space pollution topic is going to work. I can't see the Federation going to war with anyone another power to keep them from overusing warp drive, and there's no appreciable inter-power trade, so if the Romulans or the Breen or whoever don't want to listen to the Federation, they're not going to, and no amount of talking will make a difference.

So what's your suggestion, then? :mymy:

I don't have one. But I can't see myself enjoying a debate over the ecology of outer space. How many people would want to role-play negotiating the Kyoto Accords?

I think we should just elect the dungeon master (or whatever we call him), and he'll think up a topic that nobody else would know, towards the beginning, except, probably, a local incident - something that doesn't give out the whole plot, and then, introduce the elements as and when needed.

If it's not that ahrd then why donet YOU deliver an idea and why do't YOU participate... :sneaky:

de beste stuurlui staan aan wal... :rolleyes:

so either aid or hold your tongue forever :D;)