Sign in to follow this  
fdewaele

Federation Council Debates - Discussion thread.

Well the Federation Council debates are back...! ;)

Well the first order of business is to decide who'll want to play and what your character and function will be I guess...

Anyone game? :point:

Guest Q

I will play. I will be the Continuum ambassador, and when things get out of hand, I will turn you all into chickens. :)

No? ;)

Darn. :point:

Yeah but you have to decide on a character as well...

I call Federation SECRETARY OF STATE :mymy:

other positions available are for instance :

Secretary of Defense

Starfleet Chief of Operations

Edited by fdewaele

Well the following positions are filled:

Secretary of State: fdewaele

Secretary of Defense: Excalibur

remain to be filled:

Starfleet Chief of Operations

Federation Special Envoy

Cardassian Legate

Klingon ambassador

Romulan ambassador

Vorta ambassador

Tholian ambassador

Edited by fdewaele

Would the Vorta really have an ambassador sitting on the council? I can buy the Cardassians, since we don't know what's happened to their govenment since, but I don't think the Dominion would have any interest in the goings on of the Alpha quadrant.

I think it makes a certain amount of sense for there to be a Vorta present. The Founders, even with Odo's presence, are likely to remain paranoid about the intentions of the solids. They may see a meeting between the AQ powers are a precursor to an invasion of the Gamma Quadrant intended to eliminate the threat the Dominion poses. To that end, they would probably send a Vorta to observe goings on and try to undermine the negotiations.

Oh, and if my request to be King of the Universe is denied, I call Chief of Starfleet Operations. :mymy:

Oh, and if my request to be King of the Universe is denied, I call Chief of Starfleet Operations. ;)

I'm glad you had a backup plan prepared. You know...just in case. :mymy:

So there's more than one. Doesn't that make it, like, a commity of the universe or something? :mymy:

Well, no. But there's more than one universe, and each one has a different King. No, where I King of the Multiverse, that would be a different story, but he was desposed. I'm working towards assuming his throne. ;)

Just a bit. :mymy:

In addition to participants, we also need a main topic for discussion. Presumably, each party would have their own motives (like the last time, IIRC, the Tzenkethi representative was trying to get the Federation Alliance to impose stiffer sanctions on the Cardassians or something to that effect), but there has to be a reason that the debate is happening.