Sign in to follow this  
Helburn

SFC 3

Should be coming out in December, It's supposed to improve upon the Bridge Commander Game Engine.

Ships & Stations

Federation:

Sovereign

Galaxy

Nebula

Int repid

Norway

Akira

Sabre

Defiant :)

Borg:

Cube

Diamond

Sphere

---

Starba se

Klingon:

Negh'var

Fek'lhr

Vor'cha

B'rel

---

Starbase

Romulan:

Warbird

Frigate

Raptor

Shrike< br>--

Starbase

Asteroid Base

Other:

Pirate Light Cruiser

Cardassian Freighter

---

Fleet Repair Dock

Guest Mentat Tir

I only hope that by using the Bridge Commander engine that they don't ruin the nature of the game. SFC was originally designed to be akin to the old sea-going battleship simulators like Broadsides. I enjoy the strategy elements to the SFC series much more than the action elements or RPG elements.

I’m afraid they’re going to turn SFC3 into a dogfighting game with starships zooming around each other like WWII fighter jets. If that’s the case, I’ll stick to playing Orion Pirates with TNG mods. :blink:

I do but if i posted it it would be spoilers and im unsure if they still have the Spoilers function on this board.

I hope so too, It is made by Taldren this time like all the other times so it's not a all new Activision team or anything this time around. :)

DS9 told me about this one...gave me some screenies to drool over. I've played Orion Pirates, and I love that game. I seem to have trouble multi-tasking sufficiently to handle 3 ships at once, so the one-on-one combat mode appeals most to me.

I'm a big Borg fan, so going Cube vs. Cube in this game should be loads of fun. :angry:

It's up there with O.R.B and Hegemonia: Legions of Iron on my games request list this X-Mas.

Well I can't wait because there is going to be a Defiant class and it shouldn't be a Weak ass ship like they showed it as in Armada 1.

That really hurt my pride when they showed the Defiant as some Pitiful little ship that easily gets destroyed. :D

According to Activision, the game should be released on the 13th. Unfortunately, the website for the game still isn't up yet, and there still hasn't been many (if any) indications that the game is close to gold.

Will they make it?

Nah On the Site it says Coming November 2002 then Commander Xizor Said the 13th but never said a Date so I was assuming he Ment November the 13th.

I have the original SFC (with patches) but haven't played the later Orions version.

Will SFC3 be faithful to SFC? Or is it going to become an arcade shooter? I definitely like the thinking aspect of the original, especially since I played the board game it is based on for years and years. If they depart from that base I don't see how it is considered SFC anymore.

Taldren seems pretty decent, so I bet they stay close to the first two. Here's to hoping!

Nah On the Site it says Coming November 2002 then Commander Xizor Said the 13th but never said a Date so I was assuming he Ment November the 13th.

Doesn't matter now, since some people already have the game.

Me? I have to wait until Christmas. Which, when you consider I have a 20 oage research paper to write before Thanksgiving and the exams, is probably a very good thing.

I have the original SFC (with patches) but haven't played the later Orions version.

Will SFC3 be faithful to SFC? Or is it going to become an arcade shooter? I definitely like the thinking aspect of the original, especially since I played the board game it is based on for years and years. If they depart from that base I don't see how it is considered SFC anymore.

Taldren seems pretty decent, so I bet they stay close to the first two. Here's to hoping!

I hope it does :wub:

Welcome to the OL Mark.

Commander Xizor - How do people Have it already?