Morbo

Morbo's Art Corner

Great Spidey drawings and painting. Hey Elmo, ever do a Wolverine or Vemon or Carnage??? :):)

Ooohh, I'd like to see those!!! (if you ever decide to make them)

Spidey's my first comic painting, but I'm going to do one with him fighting Venom, and probably a Wolverine one too... eventually. I go through long periods of not painting :)

More stuff for art class, part of a series.

portrait.jpg

Is that an actual picture, or just one where you took the person (you?) and put it on the statue thingy? If so, do you have the original picture?

Click for larger

Both are done in intaglio, using monoprinting. Basically, painting on a metal plate and running it through a press onto wet paper. This is where the kerosene came from Karma. :blink: :blink:

These are my two favourites, but I have a few others. Now we're actually etching onto the plates with acid.

Family_Squared.jpg

The_See-er_Eye.jpg

Hee, the eye seems to be the favourite of the bunch when I show them. Thanks for the comments :shame:

Here's the next project I've been working on. Most levels of the line require a lot of prep work: coating in wax, etching into the plate, putting in acid for 5 minutes, washing, inking, wiping, running through the press... and that doesn't include the prep of the paper, or what happens if you make a mistake! It's very time consuming, but you can get great results. The letters on the side there took about and hour to take out of the wax and then an hour in the acid.

Picture_1340.jpg

The figure is just kind of floating there because I haven't added the chair yet. Eventually he'll probably be a silloutte

PLEASE don't be offended by this, but his head looks almost like a penis. :shame:

Lol, I don't see it :D :D

It's a hat of a different kind :)