Sign in to follow this  
forst

Star Trek on Amazon Prime

I discovered the other day that the live action Star Trek TV series are all streaming on Amazon Prime Video (in the United States). They previously streamed on Netflix. I could've sworn when the shows left Netflix it was because they were becoming exclusive to CBS All Access so it was a pleasant surprise to learn I can watch them through Amazon Prime.

I'm tempted to rewatch Deep Space Nine. I've actually never seen many early episodes. But it's a huge time commitment. I'm also concerned I'll be bored by the first few seasons before the introduction of the Dominion. So maybe I'll rewatch Voyager instead.

Thoughts?

Good to know. I tried re-watching S1 of DS9 a few years back, but I couldn't do it. Maybe I should have jumped to the S1 closer and continued with S2. I don't think I've watched more than a handful of Voyager episodes since their first run, either.

Apparently the Star Trek series are still streaming on Netflix in the United States. I could've sworn they were removed. Maybe they returned.

Anyway, because I haven't seen so many episodes from the first three seasons of DS9, I'm hopeful even if they're slow or dull, the fact that they're new Trek will keep me invested until the introduction of the Dominion.

I guess this is why the producers of Discovery decided on such an action packed format for their season 1. They didn't want audiences to get bored. And even if later seasons of Discovery picked up the pace, it would be difficult to entice the audience back after a poor impression with a 'boring' season 1.