Sign in to follow this  
Diesel Micky Dolenz

Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek?

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/quentin-tarantino-jj-abrams-star-trek-1202630524/

So now Quentin Tarantino and JJ Abrams are teaming up to pitch a story for the next Star Trek film. Click the link, but that's about as much detail as you'll find. They've pitched a story to Paramount. Tarantino is said to be a fan of TOS and I've read elsewhere that he considers "Yesterday's Enterprise" to be an excellent example of Star Trek and time travel on television. Tarantino is "considering" directing with Abrams as producer if, IF, Paramount buys the idea. No word on if this would be a continuation of the current film series or an offshoot in the same (or an alternate) universe.

I think I've seen one Quentin Tarantino movie, so I don't know what he's like as a director. Which means I don't know what to make of this news. I do wonder what it means for the rumored fourth movie in the current reboot series.

So now word is that Tarantino is requiring Paramount to OK an R rating if he's going to be involved, and they've reportedly given their approval. Not that this means the film will happen, but that he can proceed to a script, anyway. I might be able to stomach an R-rated film in the Trek universe that doesn't use familiar Trek characters (like DS9 was to TNG at the time), but I have no desire to see Kirk flinging f-bombs or the Enterprise crew involved in bloodsport. 

http://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-r-rating-mark-l-smith-the-revenant-drew-pearce-lindsay-beer-jj-abrams-1202222161/

Film makers these days act like it's a holy grail to be allowed to make an R rated movie, people go all like "FINALLY MOVIE FOR US ADULTS" when a movie is announced that it will be R rated.

Seriously are they so desperate to have swearing, sex and drugs in the films? How the hell does that make the film for adults. I'm perfectly fine with lower rated films, I don't need swearing and other "adult" stuff in a movie to be able to enjoy it more or feel like "this film was made for me!"

It's enough for me that I get entertained, I don't need the film to feel more real because good lord the characters swear.

So if you couldn't guess I don't care much for an R rated Star Trek film either. :D This sounds like yet another excuse for the film makers to make an infantile swearing and booby infested farce and call it an adult movie.

Seems to me the "R" rating would be to distract people from the lack of an excellent plot with the presence of boobies and other "adult" stuff.