Sign in to follow this  
Diesel Micky Dolenz

Stargate Universe gets a comic follow up

Anyone else remember Stargate Universe? I do, but barely. It was quite different in tone than SG1 and SGA, and it only got two seasons before being canceled. That S2 finale ended with a cliffhanger which will finally get resolved, after a fashion, with a comic series from publisher, American Mythology. The original series writers aren't "heavily involved," so I doubt this is what we would have gotten with an actual S3, but who knows?

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2017/06/stargate-comics-return-sgu-launching-this-month/

The same publisher also has an ongoing Stargate: Atlantis series, if you're interested in what Sheppard & Co. are up to. Now that I think about it, didn't that end with them landing the station on Earth? Where do you go from there? I guess I'd have to read to find out.

Another show that was canned just as it was getting good.  Back then, I hated SG:U because it was so different.  But as with other shows, it has finally grown on me but honestly I still don't like it as much as SG-1 and SG:A.  Not sure if I'll check this out or not.  

Now that I think about it, I haven't watched SG-1 and SG:A in a very long time.  Time to dig the DVDs out of the closet.

I haven't thought about Stargate: Universe in years, probably since it went off the air.

To be honest, these days the Stargate franchise is much like the Star Trek franchise. I have fond memories of it, I wish I had people to talk about it with, and I'd like to rewatch every episode if I had time, but ultimately it's not a part of my life anymore. Sad.

Yes, I have every season of SG1 on DVD in a drawer somewhere, but I haven't watched an episode in years. I didn't really have high hopes for Emmerich and Devlin's reboot of the franchise, but at least it would have been something. Even that's fallen by the wayside. I suspect MGM will eventually do something with it, but who knows when.