Sign in to follow this  
Digitalfreak™

Star Trek: Discovery abbreviation?

Star Trek: Discovery Abbreviation  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What should the commonly accepted abbreviation for Discovery be? I've seen several heated debates regarding the subject and even people getting kicked out of facebook groups for using the 'wrong' one.

• STD
    • ST:DIS
    • DIS
    • DSC
    • ST:DSC
    • DISV
    • Other (Please Specify)

What should the commonly accepted abbreviation for Discovery be?  I've seen several heated debates regarding the subject and even people getting kicked out of facebook groups for using the 'wrong' one.

I voted for DSC. I believe that's what the producers/writers are using.

It goes without saying that STD is a terrible idea.

I'm siding with DSC. Leaving aside that if it turns out badly, it may be as well received as an STD, 7here's no precedent for including the "Star Trek" in the abbreviation in a series (though I suppose it's been done with the Into Darkness and Beyond films). DIS would follow VOY's convention, but it's a bit too Disney-reminiscent for my taste. I also don't care enough to kick anyone off the board for using the "wrong" abbreviation.

At first I thought the title was Star Trek Discovery Aberration, thought it was quite fitting! :P
Anyways, I am on board with DSC as well. STD is an unfortunate pairing of letters for a Star Trek show, and because of that it will most likely be the one people use who don't like the show. 

Edited by Helburn