Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Digitalfreak™

What happens in Abramsverse when V'Ger and The Probe return?

2 posts in this topic

I've always wondered exactly when the time line split that chanced the future of the Abramsverse and Prime Universe.  A lot of people think the split happened when Nero appeared, destroyed the USS Kelvin and causing George Kirk's death.  If this is so, certain events that would have happened in both universes would be unchanged.  The two most dangerous ones I can think of is V'Ger and The Probe.

I actually wouldn't mind a reboot of The Motion Picture using Abramsverse and making The Motion Picture less boring. 

Yes, anything that was set in motion prior to the destruction of the Kelvin should still be in motion. The JJ-verse films are even officially considered to be a part of the "Kelvin timeline." V'ger and the Probe should both be on their way, but it would take a while for them to get here. If we were to take TOS as an example, I believe TMP was set 5 years after the end of the original 5-year mission. I'm doing this from memory, so I may be mistaken. If Beyond is 3 years into their 5-year mission, that puts V'ger 7 years from Earth. I don't know the in-universe time between TMP and TVH, but there were another 7 years between those films being released.

If the topics do get revisited, I'd bet it'll be in the comics or in novels. The uproar over revisiting Khan has probably convinced TPTB to stay away from re-imagining any characters or events from the original series or films if they can help it. It would be interesting to see another take, though. I can't imagine this crew having the patience to watch V'ger on the viewer for half an hour at a time.