Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMrulz

15 (!) years later...

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What's up, everybody.  I was recently going through files on an ANCIENT memory stick and found a bunch of things related to my time at section31.com (the 2nd iteration, not the first that eventually became this site).  That got me thinking about how it was now been somewhere around 15 (!!!) years since I first discovered the original section31.com, which inspired a huge nostalgia kick.   I'm so glad to see this place is still around and kicking.

Edited by RMrulz

Posted (edited)

Glad you found your way back. We're definitely still around. I'm not sure we're quite kicking these days.

I've got you beat, barely, having stumbled upon Section 31 roughly 16 years ago. Hard to believe.

Edited by forst

I know the feeling!  I was going thru storage and found all the old lowerdecks stuff on an old CD and checked the place out.  I remember first finding section31.com around the time of Generations and First Contact.  I remember seeing leaked images of the 1701-E on section31 before anywhere else.

I just checked and section31.com was apparently up for auction. The auction expired five months ago. Too bad I didn't know about it, I might have bought if just to have it connected to the OL again. IIRC, I first visited when the deleted scenes from Generations were being posted by Agent01.

I first showed up in April of 2001, so 16 years for me, too. The other day I was just describing to the wife the Section 31 Survivor game we had back in the day. Who won that? Quinn, wasn't it?

I vaguely remember the survivor game. Was Dahar Master Kor the one in charge of it?

Remember the MOM thing?

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Shadow said:

I first showed up in April of 2001

Nuh-uh, dude.  I visited the OL in the summer of 2000 during a visit with my sister to a potential new college, and you and Q were already doing the flirtsies (or whatever that was).  So maybe you joined in April 2000, but certainly not 2001.

23 hours ago, Waterloo said:

Nuh-uh, dude.  I visited the OL in the summer of 2000 during a visit with my sister to a potential new college, and you and Q were already doing the flirtsies (or whatever that was).  So maybe you joined in April 2000, but certainly not 2001.

My mind must be slipping in my old age. :D

Posted (edited)

I'm an obsessive record keeper (perhaps electronic and/or digital hoarder is the better term) and I just dug up a screenshot of the Enterprise forum at the OL from July 2001 when I posted my very first topic. Let's see if it attaches properly.

first s31 topic posted ever.jpg

EDIT: It sort of attached. You have to click on it and then right click to view in order to see the full size version.

EDIT 2: D'oh! When you click on the image, there's a full size button in the lower left.

Edited by forst

Posted (edited)

FWIW, I managed to get http://olclassic.lowerdecks.com back online. It's just a snapshot of the OL from August 29th of 2002, and I can't seem to locate some of the graphics at the moment, but it's a bit of a trip down memory lane.

Edited by Diesel Micky Dolenz

On 4/28/2017 at 10:03 AM, Diesel Micky Dolenz said:

FWIW, I managed to get http://olclassic.lowerdecks.com back online. It's just a snapshot of the OL from August 29th of 2002, and I can't seem to locate some of the graphics at the moment, but it's a bit of a trip down memory lane.

SQL error

Yep that works!  Wow... I don't even remember posting some of that!  #ImOld

Wow.. some of those names I haven't seen since then.  Bringing back an avalanche of memories.

Wow. That's a real blast from the past.

Back in the day when I went by 'Captain_Helburn'.... That was so long ago, I've grown a lot since then! :D 

And I used to be cmdr_forst.

Still writing?

On 5/24/2017 at 9:47 PM, BoynamedSue said:

Sup.

Another familiar face, er, name. What made you drop by the ole OL?

On 2017-04-24 at 9:58 PM, forst said:

I vaguely remember the survivor game. Was Dahar Master Kor the one in charge of it?

Not me. I only did "Hour by Hour".