Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Helburn

Star Trek Academy Experience

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, been a while since I've been here! It's been a couple years, lots has happened! In short, went to school (For IT Tech), got married, and been working in IT for the last 5 years.

Last summer we went on a road trip to Ontario, and while we were in Ottawa there was the Star Trek Academy Experience exhibit going on at the Aviation and Space museum.

Here are a few photos of the exhibit, Google Drive

In short, went to school (For IT Tech), got married, and been working in IT for the last 5 years.

Congratulations!

Last summer we went on a road trip to Ontario, and while we were in Ottawa there was the Star Trek Academy Experience exhibit going on at the Aviation and Space museum.

The Academy Experience was in Manhattan last summer while I was visiting. Very cool. It was set up on the deck of the USS Intrepid, a decommissioned aircraft carrier which has been turned into a museum. It's also where the space shuttle Enterprise is on display. Somewhere I have a picture of the Enterprise towering above a mock-up of the Galileo 7 shuttle from TOS.

very nice. i wonder if that is the same stuff from the old las vegas star trek experience.

It may be some of the same memorabilia, but otherwise, no. It's unfortunate that the Las Vegas experience folded, too, because that was well worth visiting. Dining in Quark's, the 3D film, more memorabilia, just a whole order of magnitude greater.

yes, it was awesome. i was lucky enough to see it shortly before it was torn down. once of my best star trek memories of all time. i hope it comes back someday.