Sign in to follow this  
Diesel Micky Dolenz

Arrow-verse discussion

Yes, there's an Arrow thread. There's also a Legends thread. There may even be a Flash thread, but I don't think there's a Supergirl thread. With all the discussion going on </sarcasm>, I thought I'd create a single thread for all things in the CW DC multiverse.

In that vein, the CW announced renewals over the weekend for Arrow (6th season), The Flash (4th season), DC's Legends of Tomorrow (3rd season) and Supergirl (3rd season, 2nd on CW). It's not exactly a surprise, as the CW renews nearly everything these days, but ratings for Arrow aren't what they once were and ratings for Legends have never been spectacular.

Unrelated to the renewals, but possibly CW-related, Geoff Johns has suggested that yet another DC show is in development. No hints as to what character(s) or which network or platform this show will involve.

And on that in-development DC/CW show, from io9.com...

The new DC/CW series in development is Black Lightning, but it will not be part of the Arrowverse, according to Greg Berlanti.

"I don’t think so. If we’re lucky enough that that exists, that that show exists, I don’t think those worlds will cross over."

Edited by Diesel Micky Dolenz

I watch all three series every week (Filmed in Vancouver! Woo!) Great entertainment and all, but sometimes

I just have to shake my head at how stupid some of the characters are, IE; Flash is the fastest man alive, but when fighting a Super smart Gorilla, runs straight for him and gets knocked out...

Don't get me started on all the Paradoxes on Legends lol. 

Yes, Barry is fast enough to travel through time, but not faster than some random bad guy's trigger finger. So he's exactly as fast of as slow as the story requires him to be. And somehow Barry can't change anything without creating a new timeline that screws everything up, but the Legends can kill people and blow things up without causing any problems in the future. Don't get me wrong, I watch all three series every week, but there's a lot of stupid that has to be overlooked.

Another character who should utilize their super-speed in so many situations but never does is Supergirl.

I'm still watching all of the Arrow-verse shows but none of them are favorites. The Flash used to be fun, now it's just repetitive and frustrating. Arrow is dull dull dull. Legends has improved dramatically this season, so much so it's almost a completely different show, but I don't like the Legion of Doom.They're not compelling at all. Honestly, if everyone died except Sara and Rory, I wouldn't mind at all.