Sign in to follow this  
forst

Prison Break Returns

Please be sure to mark any spoilers. I don't consider promotional material or episode descriptions to be spoilers. Reviews and news reports may include spoilers, so be careful posting them.

So, I seem to recall Prison Break being pretty popular here at the OL. Has it really been seven years since the show went off the air? The two-part series finale aired on May 15th, 2009--that's almost exactly seven years ago. Then there were those two episodes FOX didn't air. I did eventually see them on DVD but don't really remember much. All I can recall is that the series ended with

Spoiler

Michael dead.

If you haven't heard already, FOX plans to bring back Prison Break at some point during the 2016-2017 season with an "event series" reuniting much of the cast. Confirmed cast members returning are Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Sarah Wayne Callies, Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar, Amaury Nolasco, and Paul Adelstein. The first trailer was released yesterday:

FOX hasn't announced exactly when the "event series" will premiere other than mid-season 2017. It will air Thursdays at 9PM. It will run for nine or ten episodes, apparently.

Are you excited? I'm a little excited. The first season was great TV. Everything after that wasn't so great. But this isn't a full season, so it shouldn't feel stretched out, and presumably there will be a definitive ending, so we don't have to worry about a cliffhanger. But with this show, who knows...

Edited by forst

Why?

is the inspiration running dry?

first we had a comeback of 24, then Heroes (both weren't that good) and now Prison Break?

I'll pass. There must be better shows out there...no?

The limited series is officially called Prison Break: Resurrection. It premieres April 4th, 2017 on FOX in the States, airing Tuesdays at 9PM. There are only nine episodes rather than the previously announced 10. Here's a behind-the-scenes special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8g2o9X4B4I

Edited by forst

Am I the only one watching the Prison Break revival?

I really enjoyed the first episode but that may have been due to excitement for the show's return. The second episode wasn't as good. I think the Middle East setting is just too unbelievable, even for Prison Break.