Sign in to follow this  
forst

General Legends of Tomorrow Discussion (SPOILERS)

The CW has released a lengthy trailer for DC's Legends of Tomorrow, which premieres Thursday, January 21st, 2016.

My first reaction? Way too much going on and way too many characters. But of course I will be watching in a few months if only because I am a big fan of Caity Lotz.

Edited by forst

I don't know how you would have a second season of this when most of the characters also appear on Arrow and the Flash, including Barry and Oliver.

That's for the crossover episodes that set up the series. I doubt we'll be seeing much of Barry or Oliver once the series gets going.

I know, but a lot of the other characters are frequent guest stars in one or both series. Firestorm, Captain Cold, Ray Palmer, etc.

Edited by TJ

What did everyone think of the first half of the pilot? I was not terribly impressed, particularly with some of the acting. I went back and rewatched some of the early trailers and it looks like The CW either edited out Barry and Oliver from the rooftop group scene or reshot that scene because I don't remember seeing either of them.

Caity Lotz is enough to keep me watching for now. Hopefully the next few episodes are better than the premiere.

I didn't think it was horrible.  I'm curious to see what they do with it. I can't believe CW has DC on tthree nights a week, plus Supergirl. You'd think we'd be hitting oversaturation at some point.

I find the new Firestorm a bit whiny. 

I'm sure he will be back.

As was the case with the premiere, Sara was the best part of the episode. I also enjoyed Snart and Mick.

From HitFix:

Season 2 of the Arrow/Flash offshoot will be “a lot different,” says showrunner Phil Klemmer, as the resolution of the Vandal Savage storyline segues into a new mission set in motion by the season-ending arrival of a caped hero played by Suits‘ Patrick J. Adams.
The finale “is not just hitting the reset button, it really is modifying their mission,” Klemmer said. “Season 2 isn’t going to be about saving the world and stopping a singular entity from doing evil. We wanted to change the stakes and dynamics to make it an entirely new show — not just with new characters but with a new dramatic engine.”

So at least it has that going for it. Hit the link for info on two new regulars for next season.