Sign in to follow this  
forst

General Heroes Reborn Discussion Thread

I have to admit I am oddly excited about NBC's upcoming Heroes Reborn miniseries. It helps if you try to remember just how enjoyable and exciting the first season was back in 2006 and ignore how convoluted and confusing it got after that.

Here is a teaser trailer that provides absolutely no details on plot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHClJhC8Wfs

My main fear is there will be too many new characters to keep track of, particularly with so many characters from the original series supposedly returning for a few episodes here and there.

As the guy who was reviewing episodes from the final season on the main page (when we had a main page), you know I've been excited since it was announced.

A few months ago I looked at some of my reviews of the first season of Heroes. I must have blocked out how much work it was to put those together and keep track of all the characters.

I gave up on the original series about halfway through season 3...or was it season 4? I don't remember. How did it end anyway?

I had to look this up (highlight for spoilers):

Season 4 ended with the big bad's master plan (whatever it was) thwarted. At the very end of the season finale Volume 6: Brave New World kicked off with Claire intentionally jumping off a ferris wheel in front of reports and cameras to reveal her ability to the world.

Also, here is a new lengthy trailer that actually does reveal the plot to some degree:

Edited by forst

I've watched the trailer, and I'm sure I'll watch the first episode or two, but I'm not committing. I just remember how bad the original series ended up, and between that and the feeling that this probably won't survive past its first season, I just can't see myself getting invested.

Well, it is being marketed as an "event series" rather than the first season of an on-going series, so presumably it will have some sort of conclusion. Hopefully. Maybe.

I actually enjoyed last night's episode, but I found myself more interested in Noah's scenes than all of the various newbies and I worry how many others might feel the same?

Edited by TJ

The two-hour premiere held promise but like TJ I am not at all interested in the new characters with the possible exception of the kid who can transport people/things wherever he wants with just a touch.

Anyone else confused as hell by tonight's script? 

They say that new Nathan has inherited his "uncle" and "great grandfathers" ability to absorb powers. This would be Peter and Arthur. Who is supposed to be Nathan's dad? Does Peter have a brother nobody knows about? And wouldn't Arthur be his grandfather?

Can't say I like the whole reset with the timeline change. You have a limited run miniseries, and then you negate the first half of it...?

Honestly, I tried not to think about it too much. I wonder if it would have been better had the show started with these two episodes and then jumped forward. As confusing as they were, at least they were halfway exciting.

I think it was billed as a "limited" series. Which allows NBC to save face if/when it doesn't get renewed. I don't know how many episodes have been ordered. "Galivant" was also supposed to be a limited series, but despite that (and despite low ratings) it got a second season.

I believe 13 episodes were produced. There's a Micah arc (with the same actor from the original series) that hasn't aired yet.

I had no idea there was a fall finale. I cannot believe NBC expects fans to wait until January to watch the last three episodes. I barely care about the show now.

Sigh. I had high hopes for Heroes Reborn. I figured with a limited series there was real potential. It has been a mess.

So what did people think of the ending? I probably would have been content having skipped this whole series.

It was so much worse than I thought possible. I agree, there was really no reason to watch this. The overall plot made very little sense, the new characters were boring, and the old characters were hardly in it.

12 hours ago, forst said:

It was so much worse than I thought possible. I agree, there was really no reason to watch this. The overall plot made very little sense, the new characters were boring, and the old characters were hardly in it.

So by only seeing the last 20 minutes, I didn't miss that much?

You missed wasting 13 or so hours of your life.

The ending was a huge letdown and left so much unexplained you are better off only watching the last 20 minutes.

Being the original Heroes guy (or at least the one who reviewed the fourth season), I'll catch up with this later, but the last episode didn't look horrible to me, but again the general consensus has been different.  Not terribly surprised by this.