Sign in to follow this  
[ace]

Does anyone visit the Wil Wheaton webesphere?

I go to his tumblr and blog page practically every day. just wondering if anyone else does that. Maybe its just because we share similar interests. anyone else?

I used to read his blog but most of what he wrote about I was not familiar with (i.e. games or other nerdy things).

...ah. lol. what are you trying to say forst, them's fight'n words. ;) i guess its true he doesn't focus too much on star trek. but every now and then he does post some inside perspectives or behind the scenes information about the show. if i keep frequenting his webuverse (which i think i will due to the same shared nerdy interests), ill try to link or carry over anything trek he shares -- just in case anyone is interested. sometimes its some very interesting stuff.

I honestly meant no disrespect, just that he discusses things I am not very knowledgeable about. Sort of like the webcomic Penny Arcade, which I still read despite these days rarely ever knowing what the strips are about because I do not play video games.

i was just kidding forst, i knew what you meant :) . DMD i check out his twitter from time to time as well. Lots of dogs, hockey, and occasional celebrities. I do like the patrick stewart or levar burton or ian mckellen retweets since i dont follow those accounts. But I think like his tumblr more. I also like tabletop on the youtubes too.

I follow him on Twitter and Tumblr, I've also visted his webpage, it's actually fun to read his reviews of early TNG episodes.

I do occasionally I always liked his Linux posts.  I remember one tweet where he said he was going to instant ban anyone who tweets him "Shut up, Wesley!"  So Patrick Stewart tweeted him "Shut up, Wil!" 

I ran into him at PAX in Seattle once, he ignored me :( 

I bet he was tired of getting pestered by Star Trek fans all over the convention floor.

i think he's kind of awkward in person to person interactions, he would probably be the first to tell you that its not you, its him. don't take it personally. plus he has a lot of stories about being burned by the public, so i think hes generally gun shy as a defense mechanism. i've seen him in person about 4 or 5 times in the past 5 years or so at various game cons, but i've never approached him. i don't want to put him on the spot and make him feel like he has to interact with me, a perfect stranger to him. having said that, his online presence is excellent. online hes generally very supportive of everyone who reaches out to him, and he seems to genuinely care about his fans and our shared interests. i've sent him about 4 or 5 short comments over the past 5 years or so, and hes responded to almost all of them. pretty cool to be able to interact with him directly through the internet. he's very accessible online.