Sign in to follow this  
tomBrown788

Q: With a Snap of a Finger...

...could have sent Voyager home in a instant. In fact, he did take them back to Earth but for only a moment in Season 3 episode 11 (3x11) "The Q and the Grey" if I recall correctly.

I am sure this question has been asked a million times. And yes, I missed the discussion but I am sure this won't be the last time it's asked...

Why didn't Q send Voyager home with just a snap of his fingers?

The obvious answer is that we wouldn't have a show if he did it the easy way.

That aside...(and save for any spoilers)

Were you too curious why Q didn't throw Voyager a bone? Maybe even boost them a few thousand light years like Kes did? Why didn't Janeway ask him flat out for a favor given the ruckus he caused her?

Just pondering the idea and was curious if any of you had the same thoughts (?)

Of course, I like the idea that Q, aside from his antics, hasn't interferred with the fate of Voyager.

Perhaps I just answered my own question?

Nevertheless, I want to know what you all think...

Edited by tomBrown788

I can't say I recall the episode all that well, but Q wasn't really around to be helpful. It might be tempting to ask Q to bring the ship home, or give them a boost, but I wouldn't want to be in Q's debt.

Q always thought he was teaching humans the lessons he wanted them to learn.(remember TNG and the Borg?) I think if he were to have sent Voyager home, he they wouldn't have learned anything and Q couldn't have that.

One episode (probably "Death Wish") he did snap his fingers and bring them home, but then undid it. Actually, if you haven't seen "Death Wish" you should probably correct that.

Were you too curious why Q didn't throw Voyager a bone? Maybe even boost them a few thousand light years like Kes did? Why didn't Janeway ask him flat out for a favor given the ruckus he caused her?

Not to give any spolers, but he will throw them a certain bone... but you'll have to wait for and look at the 7th season epsiode "Q2"