Sign in to follow this  
Diesel Micky Dolenz

Gotham general discussion

Another show I now have sitting on my DVR. I've got to find more time for television watching. What's wrong with my priorities?

Anyway, if you've seen the show, or if you haven't and just want to talk about it anyway, here's your thread for doing so.

I've seen the first episode. I knew from news reports that we'd be getting younger version of some of Batman's rogues' gallery, but I'm disappointed by just how many we've seen just in the first episode. I liked the dynamic between Gordon and Bullock, and there's definitely a new take on Alfred, but I can't help feeling that they're missing out on an opportunity by making the show a young Batman show rather than a Jim Gordon show.

I am very tempted to not continue watching Gotham. I am now two weeks behind and am not at all motivated to catch up. I hate to dismiss a show after only watching the pilot but it was just so bland and unappealing.

Same here. I watched the premiere, wasn't exactly overwhelmed and have yet to watch the last two episodes despite recording them. Maybe I'll wait another couple weeks and binge watch.

I have officially given up on Gotham. I deleted the second and third episode and did not record last night's episode. I much prefer The Flash.

Question - why isn't young Bruce in school, or at least being formally tutored? I don't see Alfred filling that role at present in the show, just being a general butler/housekeeper/manservant.

He is in school. One of the episodes showed him being bullied by other boys at school, and then Bruce beating the crap out of one of those kids later. Why he isn't shown more in school, I can't say.