Sign in to follow this  
Q

Well...

Speaking of animals... I saw a bear in my neighborhood yesterday. Apparently there are at least two that roam around and at least two cubs of indeterminate age. It was pretty far away so I was not concerned but a neighbor was out walking her dog and came across the bear unexpectedly, so she ran and hid in somebody's garage for 15 minutes until she could get past it.

EDIT - I just realized this month marks the 12th anniversary of the Lower Decks website and this incarnation of the Observation Lounge. Lowerdecks.com officially launched on September 2nd, 2002 and here is the first news post to prove it. As for the OL, I had forgotten that there was a hack in June 2006 that wiped out many of the forums, including unfortunately the Star Trek forum.

Edited by forst

Well, not to scare you or anaything, but in today's newpaper was an article about a man being killed by a black bear in northern New Jersey, last Sunday.

Apparently a very rare event but not impossible.

I read about that. Very sad. I believe in that case the victim was deep in the woods with a group and they all panicked upon seeing the bear and ran, which is what you are not supposed to.

I kinda miss the days of when this place was hoppin'. It pretty much petered out when Enterprise was canceled, and the movies just haven't been enough to sustain that. I go to trekbbs now to get my fix, but back when Enterprise was on I couldn't stand that place (it was way too busy for my tastes). If a new Trek series came on, I'd consider hanging around here more, but who knows if/when that would happen.

Another long-lost OLer returns. We refuse to let this place die, although as you said it has been on life support ever since Enterprise went off the air.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I was alone in the woods and a bear confronted me, I'd run too. :eyepop: