Sign in to follow this  
forst

2013-2014 Television Season

So the new television season is a few weeks ago. A pair of new shows (Lucky 7 on ABC and We Are Men on CBS) have been cancelled. A few others have been picked up for the rest of the season or for next season. I have sampled the bulk of the new shows and am not really enthusiastic about any of them, with the possible exception of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on FOX, which is hilarious, and The Goldbergs on ABC.

I am still watching a good number of new shows but have already stopped watching an equally good number.

Anyone out there really enjoying any of the new shows this season?

Almost by pure accident, I caught the premiere of Sleepy Hollow and have been watching that each week. With only a 13 episode first season, it should be able to maintain my interest for another nine weeks. I"ll admit, I've enjoyed it a lot more than the Agents of SHIELD (or is that S.H.I.E.L.D.?) show, which I was rather looking forward to watching, but has left me less than impressed.

I recorded the premiere of the new American version of The Tomorrow People after Arrow the other night, but have yet to watch it.

That's it for me and new shows this year...so far.

I watched the first episode of Sleepy Hollow but was not enamored enough to keep watching. I did like The Tomorrow People even if in many ways it looks like it is going to be just another show on The CW with a lot of pretty young people.

Edited by forst

We are deep into mid-season and the mid-season replacements are premiering left and right. Chicago P.D. (NBC) is decent but nothing special. I am enjoying Resurrection (ABC) so far but am not sure it can sustain the story. Crisis (NBC) is totally unbelievable and yet I love it. The 100 (The CW) is also pretty terrible but fun so far. Both About a Boy (NBC) and Growing Up Fisher (NBC) are good. The pilot to Surviving Jack (FOX) was funny.