Sign in to follow this  
forst

2012-2013 TV Season Cancellations

Last week the network's announced all of their cancellations and most of their new series pickups for the 2013-2014 season. This week schedules are being released.

Here is a list of all the shows cancelled or ended (from Wikipedia):

ABC
666 Park Avenue
Body of Proof
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23
Family Tools
Happy Endings
How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)
Last Resort
Malibu Country
Private Practice
Red Widow
Zero Hour

CBS
CSI: NY
Golden Boy
The Job
Made in Jersey
Partners
Rules of Engagement
Vegas

The CW
Cult
Emily Owens, M.D.
Gossip Girl

Fox
Ben and Kate
COPS
Fringe
The Mob Doctor
Touch
The Cleveland Show

NBC
1600 Penn
30 Rock
Animal Practice
Deception
Do No Harm
Go On
Guys with Kids
The New Normal
The Office
Ready for Love
Rock Center with Brian Williams
Smash
Up All Night
Whitney

Personally, I am not really torn up about any of these cancellations. I watched a lot of these shows and enjoyed many. But none were really favorites other than perhaps Happy Endings and it has gone downhill and may yet wind up on cable. Vegas was decent but nothing spectacular; Ben and Kate should have been given more of a chance; Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 was funny but going nowhere; Fringe was ready to end; 30 Rock and The Office were long past their prime; Go On had potential but wasted it; and The Cleveland Show has enough episodes completed for another whole season, I believe.

Thoughts on these cancellations? Anyone really upset to see a favorite show canned?

Fringe was still a favorite of mine, but it had a decent wrap. I'll miss Happy Endings and Go On, though they weren't can't-miss for me. I thought Last Resort deserved more viewers than it got, but I can't argue that the ratings didn't warrant cancellation. I never watched most of the cancelled freshman series.

Annoyed about Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue. Both had potential but cancellations forced them to rush their endings. Oh well.

And FINALLY I've reached 3500 posts! Such a spammer I am. Hehehe

The Office is gone. :(

The only thing I can say about it is that they wrapped up the show beautifully, the finale was amazing, and it really wasn't the same after Steve Carell left, but I'm still sad that it's over.

That was the only one of the shows listed above that I made it a point to watch.

Annoyed about Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue. Both had potential but cancellations forced them to rush their endings. Oh well.

There are a few 666 Park Avenue episodes left. ABC is going to burn them off this summer, but I'm not sure on the dates.

There are a few 666 Park Avenue episodes left. ABC is going to burn them off this summer, but I'm not sure on the dates.

Seen them already ;)

The Office is gone. :(

The only thing I can say about it is that they wrapped up the show beautifully, the finale was amazing, and it really wasn't the same after Steve Carell left, but I'm still sad that it's over.

That was the only one of the shows listed above that I made it a point to watch.

The finale was indeed amazing. It really made me miss the show back when it was funny and must see TV and not a shell of itself and painful to watch. The last few seasons were not good and even a few when Carell was still there were disappointing. But the finale had everything I could have hoped for and more.

I loved all of Jim's surprises for Dwight, especially the big one...I won't spoil it here but we all know what the big one was. (That's what she said) and I loved Dwight's softer side when he was talking to Jim and Pam.

I own the first 7 seasons and will probably buy the last two eventually.

Annoyed about Touch.

I only discovered it in the second season, and the last episode (aired this week here) promised so much more resolution to come. Grr.