Sign in to follow this  
Diesel Micky Dolenz

LowerDecks.com WordPress was hacked.

With there being no new updates to the main site for well over a year, I doubt many of you visit our WordPress page, instead heading straight for the Observation Lounge. Still, it's worth noting that someone managed to hack our WordPress database and include a line that could install malware on visitors. To the best of our knowledge, no malware links have infected the forums, but if you've landed on the main site or read an old WordPress entry, it's time to check your computer for malware.

While we're cleaning that mess up, the WordPress blog will be unavailable and visits to LowerDecks.com will redirect you to the OL. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Some people shouldn't be allowed near computers. :(

Please let me know when the reviews section will be available. Having all those Page not Found links on my Voyager transcripts is slightly embarrassing....

Or should I remove the links completely?

If the review were WordPress reviews, you may want to remove the links. At this point there's no telling when the WP installation will come back online. If they were older reviews, those can be restored without too much trouble, I believe.

Oh, they were waaaaay older than the WordPress installation.

However, since I doubt anyone visited LD because of them, I'll remove the links anyway.

Good luck with the restoration.

Sign in to follow this