Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diesel Micky Dolenz

General Arrow Discussion (SPOILERS)

24 posts in this topic

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/22780/-lantern-duo-penning-green-arrow

The series is currently titled, Arrow. No, it won't star Justin Hartley as Green Arrow, so it likely won't have any connection to Smallville's continuity. Depending on your opinion of Smallville or, more specifically, the depiction of GA in Smallville, that may or may not be a good things. What I can't see anyone viewing as a positive is the same writing duo behind last summer's bomb, Green Lantern. They'll also be producing.

The TV Addict claims to have a casting description for the characters in the new GA series (or at least the pilot):

OLIVER QUEEN

A 27 year old reformed bad boy, who after having spent five years shipwrecked on a tiny, brutally dangerous island in the South China Sea returns to town a different man. Or to be more specific, a tortured, thoughtful master of the bow with a ferocious determination to make a difference.

DINAH “LAUREL” LANCE

28 years old, smart sexy, Laurel is a legal aid attorney determined to use her life as a one-woman war against the 1% following the death of her younger sister Sara. A sister, who as luck would have it, just so happened to have died aboard Oliver’s yacht.

TOMMY MERLYN

28 years old and devil-smooth, Tommy is a trustafarian like Oliver, a spectacularly rich young man whose life revolves around parties, clubs, liquor and lots of anonymous sex. Unlike Oliver, he can’t seem to understand his former best friend’s sudden change of lifestyle and direction.

MOIRA QUEEN

48 years old, a beautiful woman, Oliver’s mother Moira is a very wealthy woman who is not used to being shaken. Having remarried during the five years that former husband Robert and Oliver were both presumed dead, Moira has had free rein over the Queen billions. Not surprisingly, she’s deeply interested in learning whether or not Robert will also return unexpectedly, to ruin her present marriage and go over the books with a fine-tooth comb.

JOHN DIGGLE

35 years old, African-American, Diggle is really, really big, a former military man who served with the Army Rangers in Afghanistan, and has been a bodyguard for hire for the last four years. Hired by Moira to be Oliver’s chauffeur and protector, Diggle soon finds he is trapped in a battle of wits, as Oliver repeatedly eludes his protection. But in fact, Diggle’s primary conflict is one of loyalty — he has to show that he’s working for Oliver, not Moira, before Oliver will give him a smidgen of trust.

THEA QUEEN

17 years old (suggest 17-22 years), Oliver’s Lolita-esque sister, Thea was a 12 year old girl when he went on his infamous yachting voyage — but now she’s a celebutante who’s testing the boundaries of acceptable behavior. Thea loved her big brother with all her heart, and is delighted to have him back in her life — but she’s spreading her wings, and is unprepared for Oliver to become the Bad Cop in the family, restricting her access to boys and drugs.

The original article includes the site's completely irrelevant choices to fill those roles.

The first promotional image has been released. See it at Deadline.com. Looks an awful lot like Green Arrow from Smallville (from what I recall).

Au contraire, forst. He looks awesome.

I went and actually looked at photos of Green Arrow from Smallville. The costume is somewhat similar (green, with a hood) but the new promotional image has sleeves and looks like it is a darker green. And it does not have the silly looking arm bands.

Is anyone watching Arrow on The CW? The series premiered two weeks ago, the ratings have been spectacular (for The CW standards) and I am actually really enjoying it. The character in this series bares little resemblance to the character as played by Justin Hartley on Smallville. I am trying to remember my initial reactions to Smallville when it premiered but it was so long ago I cannot remember how I felt after the first few episodes.

Haven't seen it. Of course, I haven't seen anything other than so far Fringe this season, and I'm not even 100% caught up on that.

I watched 6 episodes on Hulu last night and I'm hooked. There's definitely a 'CW relationship angsty drama' aspect to it, but I think it's a solid show, and I really hope it doesn't get canned.

I didn't really see the Green Arrow episodes in Smallvlle (maybe a couple here and there on TNT reruns), so I can't compare to that.

I would not worry too much about it getting canned anytime soon. It is doing gangbusters by CW standards. I agree that there is some degree of the typical, overdramatic CW relationship stuff but by and large it is more of an action-drama than any other WB/CW series I can remember.

The series is still firing on all cylinders, although I am worried about the route the show is taking with Oliver's sister. The teen bad girl is a bit played out.

Arrow has pretty much become my favorite show currently airing. Not that it's utterly outstanding, but there doesn't seem to be a lot on that appeals to me and the show is still pretty darn good. I like how they are slowly revealing what happened to Oliver on that island.

I agree - I'm still hooked, it's really well done. Usually the 'first season' can be pretty weak, but I've enjoyed most of the episodes that I've seen.

I am really enjoying Season Two so far. It is as good as Smallville ever was. I do think the island flashbacks overshadow the main plots in many episodes. I wonder if they will eventually be phased out if the show runs long enough.

I'm half way through the second season and I really enjoy it, but I wonder how long the show can continue. You can't keep creating new enemies. After Merlin and Slate are they gonna bring in an other all-time bad guy?

I finally caught up with new episodes the other day. I am guessing that by the end of this season we will be done with flashbacks to the island.

As for finding new villains, I am sure there are plenty of baddies from the comic books that the show can introduce. It worked for Smallville for ten years, right?

FYI: Season 3 premieres in the States on Wednesday, October 8th at 8PM.

i've actually still enjoyed it through the 3rd season. Also the crossovers with The Flash are fun. Looking forward to season 4, and the mid-season spinoff.....

I definitely liked The Flash more than Arrow last season. I am not sure what to think of Legends of Tomorrow but will probably watch it.

They should have stopped with arrow aat the end of season 3.

Now it's just silly.

Oliver was the next head of the league of assassins. He passed the training and all.

And now he's back and get's but kicked by a police officer, or a local thug?

Also the storylines are that interesting anymore. Always more of the same.

I feel like you're running out of plot ideas when you have Felicity's Mom hooking up with Lance....

I am not enjoying this season very much. I do not like any of the storylines. Damien Darhk is not an interesting villain, Oliver running for mayor of Star City is boring, and Thea's bloodlust is dragging on too much. Also, the flashbacks this season are somehow worse than the flashbacks last season, and I hated them last season.

Also, I keep forgetting about the flash forward at the end of the season premiere with Ollie at the graveyard. Clearly I am not invested enough to care who lives or dies.

I've started recording Arrow in anticipation of the Arrow/Flash crossover. I haven't watched any of it yet, but I expect to be thoroughly lost.

I've never liked the flashbacks in Arrow. I'm glad they didn't go that route with The Flash.

The crossover episodes are next week which i believe builds up to the Midseason SpinOff.

I'm still enjoying both series.

Seasons 3 and 4 are building up on the TiVo while I wait for them to repeat season 2.

We enjoyed season 1 but don't want to skip anything.