Sign in to follow this  
forst

2010-2011 Television Season

This week the networks announced their fall schedules for the 2010-2011 season. the futon critic has a nice grid; The Live Feed has a chart as well. The Live Feed also has a player with trailers and clips from all the new shows.

To be honest, nothing is screaming Must See TV to me at the moment. I usually try to watch the first episode of just about every new show, though, so who knows what the fall will hold for my television viewing.

NBC Fall Schedule

MONDAY

8-9 p.m. ? ?Chuck?

9-10 p.m. ? ?THE EVENT?

10-11 p.m. ? ?CHASE?

TUESDAY

8-10 p.m. ? ?The Biggest Loser?

10-11 p.m. ? ?Parenthood?

WEDNESDAY

8-9 p.m. ? ?UNDERCOVERS?

9-10 p.m. ? ?Law & Order: Special Victims Unit?

10-11 p.m. ? ?LAW & ORDER: LOS ANGELES?

THURSDAY

8- 8:30 p.m. ? ?Community?

8:30-9 p.m. ? ?30 Rock?

9-9:30 p.m. ? ?The Office?

9:30-10 p.m. ? ?OUTSOURCED?

10-11 p.m. ? ?LOVE BITES?

FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. ? ?Who Do You Think You Are??/?SCHOOL PRIDE?

9-10 p.m. ? ?Dateline NBC?

10-11 p.m. ? ?OUTLAW?

SATURDAY

Encore programming

SUNDAY

7- 8:15 p.m. ? ?Football Night in America?

8:15-11:30 p.m. ? ?NBC Sunday Night Football?

SUNDAY (beginning March 2011)

7-8 p.m. ? ?Dateline NBC?

8-9 p.m. ? ?Minute to Win It?

9-11 p.m. ? ?The Celebrity Apprentice?

FOX Fall/Midseason Schedule

FOX FALL 2010 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

(All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE

9:00-10:00 PM LONESTAR (new)

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM GLEE

9:00-9:30 PM RAISING HOPE (new)

9:30-10:00 PM RUNNING WILDE (new)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM LIE TO ME

9:00-10:00 PM HELL?S KITCHEN

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM BONES

9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM HUMAN TARGET

9:00-10:00 PM THE GOOD GUYS

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA?S MOST WANTED

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM THE OT (NFL post-game)

8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM THE CLEVELAND SHOW

9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY

9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

FOX MIDSEASON 2011 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

(All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE

9:00-10:00 PM LONESTAR (new) / RIDE-ALONG (new)

TUESDAY

8:00-9:30 PM AMERICAN IDOL Performance Show

9:30-10:00 PM RUNNING WILDE (new) / MIXED SIGNALS (new; spring)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-8:30 PM RAISING HOPE (new)

8:30-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL Results Show

9:00-10:00 PM GLEE

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM BONES

9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM HUMAN TARGET

9:00-10:00 PM KITCHEN NIGHTMARES

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA?S MOST WANTED

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM THE SIMPSONS (encores)

7:30-8:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM BOB?S BURGERS (new)

9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY

9:30-10:00 PM THE CLEVELAND SHOW

ABC Fall Schedule

MONDAY:

8:00 p.m. ?Dancing with the Stars?

10:00 p.m. ?Castle?

TUESDAY:

8:00 p.m. ?No Ordinary Family?

9:00 p.m. ?Dancing with the Stars the Results Show?

10:00 p.m. ?Detroit 1-8-7?

WEDNESDAY:

8:00 p.m. ?The Middle?

8:30 p.m. ?Better Together?

9:00 p.m. ?Modern Family?

9:30 p.m. ?Cougar Town?

10:00 p.m. ?The Whole Truth?

THURSDAY:

8:00 p.m. ?My Generation?

9:00 p.m. ?Grey?s Anatomy?

10:00 p.m. ?Private Practice?

FRIDAY:

8:00 p.m. ?Secret Millionaire?

9:00 p.m. ?Body of Proof?

10:00 p.m. ?20/20?

SATURDAY:

8:00 p.m. ?Saturday Night College Football?

SUNDAY:

7:00 p.m. ?America?s Funniest Home Videos?

8:00 p.m. ?Extreme Makeover: Home Edition?

9:00 p.m. ?Desperate Housewives?

10:00 p.m. ?Brothers & Sisters?

CBS Fall Schedule

MONDAY

8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

8:30-9:00 PM RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN

9:30-10:00 PM MIKE & MOLLY (N)

10:00-11:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-0 (N)

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NCIS

9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES

10:00-11:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR (NT)

9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS

10:00-11:00 PM THE DEFENDERS (N)

THURSDAY

8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY (NT)

8:30-9:00 PM $#*! MY DAD SAYS (N)

9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION

10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM MEDIUM (NT)

9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY (NT)

10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS (N)

SATURDAY

8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY

9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY

10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES

8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE

9:00-10:00 PM UNDERCOVER BOSS

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI (NT)

THE CW FALL SCHEDULE

THE CW?s 2010-2011 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM 90210 (New Night)

9:00-10:00 PM GOSSIP GIRL

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM ONE TREE HILL (New Night)

9:00-10:00 PM LIFE UNEXPECTED (New Night)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICA?S NEXT TOP MODEL

9:00-10:00 PM HELLCATS (New Series)

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

9:00-10:00 PM NIKITA (New Series)

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SMALLVILLE

9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL (New Night)

I'm only interested in a hand full of shows (Fringe, Big bang theory, Smallville) so what am I gonna do with all this freetime? :D

You can pull a Karma and spam the daylights out of the OL. Just picture it: How Xenan Saved the OL. :D

Last night was the official start of the 2010-2011 television season. Some 20 new shows are being offered by the networks over the next few weeks. Have any really caught your attention? Personally, although I am interested to see how Bleep My Dad Said plays out and somewhat intrigued at The Event, there really is not a new show that has me really excited. I do watch to check out No Ordinary Family as well.

So far I have seen the first two episodes of Nikita and Hellcats on The CW and the first episode of the new Hawaii Five-0. The verdict? Bland, bland and bland.

Though I didn't want to, I agreed to watch Hellcats with the Other Half. I thanked my lucky stars when it was over. Then when the second episode aired, I found myself tuning in...

Insidious!

So far, all I've managed to watch is the 1st new episode of Chuck. I've DVR'd The Event and Hawaii Five-0. I may watch The Defenders tonight just to reinforce to fact that Jerry O'Connell hasn't been able to act since the third season of Sliders. I'll watch CSI Thursday, Smallville on Friday and Stargate Universe when it returns mostly out of habit. Put Sanctuary under that heading, too.

The only shows I'm actually looking forward to seeing again (other than the already-mentioned Chuck) are The Big Bang Theory and Fringe. If Tera Nova ever makes it to the screen, I'll be interested in checking that out. Hoping it turns out better than the Enterprise episode of the same name.

Edited by Diesel Micky Dolenz

The Event, Blue Bloods, Nikita and a handful of other series look like they'll be interesting but so far I've only seen The Event and I'm taking my time with the rest.

I started watching Undercovers, Nikita and Lost Girl, so far it's to soon to say whether I'll keep watching them, but for now like Shadow, I keep tuning in everytime :)

I'll check out the Event and Blue Blood to see if they're any good

Edited by Xenan

After sampling just about every new show, here is what I plan on watching regularly:

Hellcats (The CW)

Raising Hope (FOX)

Running Wilde (FOX)

Bleep My Dad Says (CBS)

The Event (NBC)

My Generation (ABC)

No Ordinary Family (ABC)

I may or may not watch the following:

Hawaii Five-0 (CBS)

Mike & Molly (CBS)

Blue Bloods (CBS)

Law & Order: Los Angeles (NBC)

Chase (NBC)

Outsourced (NBC)

Better With You (ABC)

The Defenders (CBS)

I decided to pass on the following:

Nikita (The CW)

Outlaw (NBC)

Undercovers (NBC)

The Whole Truth (ABC)

Lone Star (FOX) [already canceled]

I have not seen Detroit 1-8-7 (ABC) yet, and may watch the pilot this weekend.

Edited by forst

I was surprised at how fast Lone Star got the axe. I saw the first episode though and I can see why it was cancelled. I wasn't planning to watch it either even if it wasn't cancelled.

Nikita and The Event I have yet to watch past the first episode but I plan to watch them soon, Bleep My Dad Says, Undercovers, Outsourced, Hawaii 5-0 and Blue Bloods I have yet to watch. Everything else I'm either not going to bother with or I'll give it a try if I hear something noteworthy about it and it's not dropped before the end of the season.

Of the shows mentioned above....

Hellcats (The CW) Didn't bother

Raising Hope (FOX) Didn't bother

Running Wilde (FOX) Didn't bother

Bleep My Dad Says (CBS) Watched the first episode and decided the first 'word' of the title says it all...

The Event (NBC) Brilliant! Give me more.

My Generation (ABC) I liked it, but thanks ABC for canning after 2 eps :angry:

No Ordinary Family (ABC) Enjoyable. Will keep watching. Live action Incredibles!

Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) I just love Hawaii....and Jin!!!! 'nuff said

Mike & Molly (CBS) Didn't bother

Blue Bloods (CBS) Didn't bother

Law & Order: Los Angeles (NBC) Didn't bother

Chase (NBC) Didn't bother

Outsourced (NBC) Funny, will watch and the concept is so true to form (especially for us down under) and an Aussie actress with her actual accent!!!!!

Better With You (ABC) Didn't bother

The Defenders (CBS) Took a punt and though the first ep was quite good. Will see how it goes.

Nikita (The CW) Didn't bother

Outlaw (NBC) Didn't bother

Undercovers (NBC) Didn't bother

The Whole Truth (ABC) Didn't bother

Lone Star (FOX) [already canceled] Didn't bother

Edited by Daniel Jackson

Hawaii 5-0 I'll keep watching. It could be better but it could also be much, much worse than what we got which isn't that bad.

Outsourced and Bleep My Dad Says are both iffy. I liked Outsourced okay but it hasn't hit it off yet and Bleep is good as 30 minutes because so far it feels more like several different skits connected together which happen to have the same actors/characters in the roles.

Watching the second episode of The Event, it's getting interesting now. Nikita I may still watch. It's got it's moments but still feels like so many other spy vs spy type series. Undercovers at least feels somewhat unique though still not that original. At least they put a twist with them being black and resturaunt owners keeping up the front and not remind us this is a televised version of Mr & Ms Smith.

Blue Bloods I passed on. Disappointed before the first episode even finished. I have my fill of cop shows and everything else seems to be uninteresting or uncertain in its future for me to invest in.

Undercovers I got to see last week. I think it has potential, but right now, the creators don't really know what that is. I think J.J. Abrams thought he could just do a series to have some fun, a lighter version of Alias, but that's not really what his audience wants. There's got to be a little more, or maybe a charcter added who'll complicate things but still keep it basically light.

Blue Bloods has been nice. I love the cast, but again, I think the creators are waiting a little. They could easily step things up, but they haven't yet. The end of the season, if it gets that much, will probably see a different tone.

Defenders I actually loved quite a bit the first episode, to my surprise. Haven't seen it since, but I'm rooting for it. Could be something special.

You can pretty easily interpret my thoughts on The Event from its own thread.

The only other new show that I'm interested in is Raising Hope, which seems to be the sole new sitcom with any potential.

Raising Hope has been a very pleasant surprise. The characters are developing nicely, the humor is solid but not over the top and the stories so far have played out nicely. The same goes for Running Wilde to a lesser extent.

I finally watched Raising Hope. Then Running Wilde, which I actually thought was better, but the two shows work well together.

I also saw No Ordinary Family. Reminds me of Joan of Arcadia.

No Ordinary Family needs to decide whether it wants to focus on the parents or the children. Trying to juggle both is not working.

Outsourced has grown on me over the weeks. The same cannot be said for Bleep My Dad Said, which still underwhelms.

I watched the pilot episode of Detroit 1-8-7 and the ending was shocking enough to bring me back for the second episode but after that I gave up. I also decided against watching The Defenders. I think I am done with Hawaii Five-0 after four episodes. It just has not caught my attention. I may give up on Law & Order: Los Angeles. I was not going to watch it this week but the first few minutes pulled me in. The rest of the episode was predictable, though, and the characters are bland.

I think No Ordinary Family is the kind of show that builds, and that last week's episode was certainly evidence of that. Given the chance, it could become a really good show.

Still loving Raising Hope and Running Wilde. So Tuesday has some appeal to me again.

I quit Bleep My Dad Says. Just too many cringe-inducing moments and scenes to keep watching it. Outsourced I'm still watching but it's going the predictable route which depending on how funny they do it might or might not be worth continuing to see. Undercovers failed to keep my attention. In fact a lot of these new shows are just outright boring or uninspiring to me.

Still on The Event, Hawaii 5-0 and Nikita although Nikita is kind of boring me right now. No Ordinary Family is making an effort to be different even if it feels like The Incredibles in live action. But the rest are not impressing me much to start watching them.

I'm becoming somewhat fanatical about Raising Hope. That and The Event are the clear winners of the new season for me.

Last week's Halloween episode of Community was probably one of my favorites.

Since it's been a while, time to update the thread.

Looks like Undercovers is cancelled, The Event is on the bubble, being pulled for the midseason series "The Cape" but returning in January and I'm pretty sure a few other series are either officially or unofficially axed.

Hawaii 5-0 seems to be a big hit so it's definitely renewed. I'm surprised it's the success it is. Given CBS' problems with keeping their series going (they cancelled Medium recently on top of their other massacres) I'm glad to see it's going to be back.

Oh, and The Walking Dead is pretty good. Very graphic and frank with how the end of the world via zombies would be. I'm impressed with it being on a non-premium cable network.

Edited by Teelie

I hope The Event can find an audience, or barring that, have a really awesome second half of the season. I'm looking forward to The Cape, which might make things easier for it.

Still really, really love Raising Hope.