Sign in to follow this  
forst

Duke Nukem Forever in 2011

Incredible! Duke Nukem Forever is no longer vaporware. People are playing the demo at the PAX 2010 convention this weekend. Read all about it at the Wall Street Journal.

A review can be found at Kotaku, as can pictures and video (none of these are safe for work).

I used to play Duke Nukem 3D (released in 1996) at my cousin's house, where it was stuck on the kiddie version, and at a friend's house where I think it was also the safe version. I downloaded the shareware level last year and played through it. It was still fun. And I loved the original side scrolling Duke Nukem (1991) and Duke Nukem II (1993). By the time Duke Nukem Forever does come out next year hopefully I will have finally purchased my dream gaming machine and will be able to play it.

Aw no more Duke Nukem Forever jokes about how it's taking forever to make :andorlol:

But I have to admit it is kind of cool that they actually stuck to it that they were going to make the damn game. So many other companies just drop projects if they aren't out within a certain amount of time.

Has there actually been any other game that has taken more than a decade to develop and release (that is, assuming it actually gets released in 2011)? I can't think of one.

Edited by Dr_Mabuse