Sign in to follow this  
[ace]

i got new goodies!

I am typing this from my brand new HTC evo! It's the first smartphone I ever had, and I love this phone. Seriously, its quite awesome. Quite. The ol looks great on it too. I stayed up last night learning about Android apps and wigits. Also gps navigator. I'll see about a few basic game downloads as well. Mabe some tetris or galagia or that one where you shoot the marbles and try to get three in a row to make them drop. I really got it for the pda and calendar functions, but the bells and whistles are all much fun. Oh, and it functions as an mp3 player as well.

I also ordered an alienware m11x to replace my old 17 inch inspiron 9300. Should be getting that in about another week. Another big upgrade for me. It's been years since I bought/upgraded any gadgets.

:smoking:

I am glad you are enjoying your new pieces of technology. I hope to buy a new desktop to be used primarily for gaming sometime next year.

As for cell phones, I have owned four, I believe, over the years and none have been smart phones. In fact, I think only the latest has a display on the front cover allowing you to see who was calling (or check the time and that sort of thing). The most I have ever done with a phone is take pictures/videos. I have never sent a text in my life. My current cell phone can function as an MP3 player and has GPS capabilities but I have no plans to use them. Have you ever heard of the Jitterbug cellphone? No bells, no whistles, just big buttons for making phone calls. Designed for senior citizens, it seems, but it would be perfect for me.

That's what my brother needs, he says "can't I just get a phone that makes calls? How about that?" My old phone didn't even have a camera on it. Obviously the primary use is to make phone calls, but it sure is nice to be able to have many gadgets in one device instead of carrying around many devices. The best thing is that this phone has a full web browser, so I can Google whatever I want to on the fly - I'm actually using it right now. I probably would not have gotten it but for the fact that I was able to add to my brothers unlimited data family plan. Paying for this phone is actually cheaper than my old school phone. The laptop is not meant for gaming, I just needed a new one for school. But at $650 for a refurbished alienware mini notebook, might as well get this one. Someday I will get a real desktop set like you mentioned. I've never had an alienware before so I'm excited about it! Their website has the Enterprise flying out of the screen, so I take that as a good omen. :andorlol::D