Sign in to follow this  
Askre

Weird thing

So I still lurk around these forums and yesterday I was up north in my old hometown in Iceland and used my Aunt's internet connection to be on the internet. I'm currently on vacation in Iceland.

For some darned reason I kept getting the message that "you're not permitted to use these forums" and then was prompted to log in. I tried that but kept being returned to the same log in screen with the same message. "you're not permitted to use these forums"

I'm now in Reykjavík using my Dad's internet and now I can access the forum fine without problem. I know when I'm back home in Norway I can access the forum without any hitch.

I just found it weird that at this one place at my Aunt's place, using her connection I couldn't access the forum, is this a problem that is known and maybe others might be experiencing? Just kind of wondering.

When you say that you were using your Aunt's connection, were you also using her computer? These symptoms would be typical if her browser was configured to not allow cookies to be set. This could be in the browser or possibly the effects of some kind of internet security software.

Edited by tcn

No I had my own laptop that I use also in Norway. But now that I think about it, her internet connection did feel a bit limited, slow and sluggish, it could well be that the IP service had something to do with this.

When you say "IP service", if you just mean her internet provider, then it would be rather odd, but perhaps possible. If you mean that you were using some kind of IP address redirection service, then it's certainly very possible.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you find that you regularly have problems. Feel free to email me if you do.

Edited by tcn

I will if I get a similar problem again, so far it seems to have been a one time thing.