Sign in to follow this  
Digitalfreak™

7.27.10 - Starcraft II is released!

I would need to buy a new computer in order to play SCII. I have been planning to get a new computer but I am not sure I want to pay $60 for one-third of a game. Maybe when it is cheaper. And after any necessary patches are released. Also, will you have to be continually signed onto the Internet in order to play the single player mode? That may be a deal breaker for me.

Just over a week until SCII is out. No word of a demo, unfortunately, which would go a long way towards helping me decide whether or not to eventually buy the game.

It runs almost smoothly. I was able to get through the three missions and play a few skirmishes. I think it is a little slow on my computer but playable. The graphics are the real sticking point for me. They look cartoony, for lack of a better word. I know it is a strange thing to focus on but I just cannot get past them. The game play itself was fine. The missions were introductory and thus not very challenging. In the demo you can only skirmish as Terran against Terran, which was disappointing.

If I ever get a gaming computer, I might pick this up, especially if the price has come down. But it did not grab me at all.

I never played World of Warcraft, but when I saw the first screenshots for Starcraft II the graphics immediately reminded me of screenshots I had seen from the various Warcraft games. It is a huge change from the more "realistic," for lack of a better word, graphics from StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War.