Sign in to follow this  
Digitalfreak™

Anyone have a BlackBerry?

I got a BlackBerry Curve 8330 a few months ago. Our local AT&T has crap reception around here so I couldn't go with an iPhone, but I love my BlackBerry. I've got internet, email, IM, everything I need. Comes in real handy for work.

Edited by Digitalfreak?

Nope. All I want in my cellular telephone is the ability to make and receive calls. A clock is also a plus.

I have the Pearl.

It definitely lives up to its Crackberry name. In my line of work a BlackBerry or something similar is a must and I must say I have been very happy with the Pearl. Going with a touch screen option wasn't really feasible, so the Pearl is the perfect compromise.

I have the Pearl.

It definitely lives up to its Crackberry name. In my line of work a BlackBerry or something similar is a must and I must say I have been very happy with the Pearl. Going with a touch screen option wasn't really feasible, so the Pearl is the perfect compromise.

Cool Omega. A co-worker of mine has the Perl and I've tinkered with it a few times but I'm just in love with my Curve. Yea, I'm definitely hooked to my CrackBerry. I'm always having to pick it up and check sometime.

Yea forst I used to be the same way. My old Motorola RAZR started to change me, now this smartphone has completed my path to the Dark Side. :shadow:

I love using mine as a MP3 player. Comes in handy when driving on those long service calls.

Nope. All I want in my cellular telephone is the ability to make and receive calls. A clock is also a plus.

Me too. Plus alarm clock. :shadow:

Edited by Ducane

I just saw a commercial for the BlackBerry Storm with a very pretty woman in it. Almost made me want to go out and buy one.

NOT.

But she was really pretty.

Edited by forst

I really feel those 'against' the Blackberry are missing out.

You have the standard phoning / clock / alarm clock features, plus music (easily replacing the need of an iPod), camera (not super high quality mind you, but still very usable), videos & voice recording, a calendar that can easily be set up to link with many online systems, email, blackberry messenger, facebook, msn messenger.. and that's only the very very tip of the iceberg.

Yea I like to think of mine as a smaller laptop or more advanced Palm.

If they ever get WoW to run on a BlackBerry... I would have a wreck trying to raid Heroic Ulduar... :)

Edited by Digitalfreak?

A Blackberry isn't cheap around here.

The price of the phone isn't the problem, but the subscription for internet, email and everything makes it quite expensive.

I'm currently in Shadow's camp - my Nokia 6020's serving me quite well.

That said, if I get a smartphone, it'll be a Palm Pre, or a really good Android-based model. Nothing else is worth switching for...

If I'm getting a smartphone it's gonna be nokia's N97 (the new one)

Blasphemy!

I've only had Nokia's so far and they never broke down or anything.

I even dropped it in a glass of coke and after cleaning it (leaving it to dry for a few days) it just worked fine.

So why would I switch to something else?

I have nothing against blackberry and other high tech phones, but currently my use for it is nil. So I am in the same camp and Shadow and Shash and those who use the cheaper phones.

I honestly only need it as that, as a phone :P

The thing about my BlackBerry is that it comes in hand with work. I can send, receive emails, files, view and debug web pages, etc all on my cellphone. Being salary I can just do a lot of my work with my phone wherever I go so I don't have to go to the office all the time :P