Sign in to follow this  
forst

Drive to Revive the Observation Lounge

Folks, we are launching a two-pronged drive to revive the Observation Lounge.

Prong One: I am personally asking everyone to make at least one post every day. Just one. Maybe in a thread about an episode of a show you have seen. Or even just something pointless in The Bronze.

Prong Two: Entice old members to return. Anyone who knows anyone who used to post here, you are charged with convincing them to return. Furthermore, they are encouraged to take note of prong one.

And remember: the drive begins with you.

Prong Two: Entice old members to return. Anyone who knows anyone who used to post here, you are charged with convincing them to return. Furthermore, they are encouraged to take note of prong one.

You had me at Prong...

You had me at Prong...

I didn't even know what Prong was, so I had to look it up :smoking:

Word reached my ears of a drive to revive a certain message board that was never my prime hangout back in the glory days of my youth, but was my favorite place to lurk. I'm glad to see this place is still alive and kicking!

p.s. Check out that signature. Was that really 6 and a half years ago?

Edited by RMrulz

Hey there Waterloo, nice to see a familiar face. Well, a familiar alias at least.

Yeah, all the drama with my (admittedly poorly handled) departure from Section 31 and the Helix and the way I was absolutely villified over there, along with a declining interest in Trek and most other garbage sci-fi out there today, kind of turned me off to being part of here or the helix for a long while. Some random impulse when I ran out of sites to visit the other night to continue my procrastination sent me here to see if the place still existed. I'm glad it does. I might try to participate in some of the discussions.

Well, I'm glad I wasn't around the Helix when that happened, because I can't imagine a scenario where you wouldn't have been perfectly welcome, or whatever it was. I stopped going there when all the newbies seemed even more green and less interesting than I thought could happen there.

Anyway, we stopped discussing strictly Star Trek or even sci-fi stuff in general here a long time ago. Part of that helped lose us a lot of business, but it also solidified the community in quite a wonderful way, among those who stayed.

Is the Helix even still around? I thought it died long ago.

I have no idea. A quick attempt at typing it into my address bar didn't work, but I have no clue what the ultimate fate of that place was. I haven't really talked to any of the old group from there in at least a few years.

I think it died soon after the revived S31 died. They couldn't keep it running.

In unrelated news, yay us!

Sign in to follow this