Sign in to follow this  
forst

Welcome to Lower Decks v2.0

Head over to Lower Decks and let us know what you think of the new look. After six months we decided it was time to shake things up a little at the new Lower Decks. Not much has changed aside from the implementation of a new WordPress theme. We also have some exciting new ideas that will be rolled out during March. We hope you will enjoy them.

Head over to Lower Decks and let us know what you think of the new look. After six months we decided it was time to shake things up a little at the new Lower Decks. Not much has changed aside from the implementation of a new WordPress theme. We also have some exciting new ideas that will be rolled out during March. We hope you will enjoy them.

The text seems harder to read. I don't know if it the colors or size or what...

My personal preference would be for a slightly greater contrast between the background and the content, for better ease of reading.

We're not all spring chickens with 20/20 vision here online.... :cool:

hey guys, looks like the main page has been done over in pastels! i always thought sci-fi should have a dark, more gritty look to it (like the color of the forums for example). If the goal is to avoid being cliche in the color scheme of the main site, I think choosing to go pastel may have been overkill. like killing a fly with a bazooka.

it is very bright and hard on the eyes. also I would be interested in seeing a byline under the title of each news/commentary article. I would be more interested in reading if I knew who wrote it -- without having to click on it to find out. and how about some motivating or inspirational graphics. It needs some frick'n lazer beams. just dont do them in pastel. OH! if we're trying to be artsy, why don't we have the main page be Retro sci-fi! Like late 70's - early 80's style colors and images. Just some thoughts. Or, you could just add some nice flowers to go with the current color scheme. :)

At the bottom of every news item teaser is a byline. Also, since forst has turned up missing, I'm not sure who would be up to changing the aesthetics.

Well if there's a sufficiently large movement for a change, I'd be happy to do the technical things required to change the colour scheme. However, it's probably best if you don't leave the colour choice up to me!

Personally, I'm fairly indifferent about the current colours.

mr tcn - i'm posting so as not to leave you hanging in the wind here. I would vote for whatever you feel like doing. but I guess the feeling is that you shouldnt waste your time without more support behind this (besides the few ppl here). but I want to say thanks to you for offering! :cry::lol-bounce:

' date='November 24, 2009, 07:01 AM' post='388999'] mr tcn - i'm posting so as not to leave you hanging in the wind here. I would vote for whatever you feel like doing. but I guess the feeling is that you shouldnt waste your time without more support behind this (besides the few ppl here). but I want to say thanks to you for offering! :P:)

No problem. As you've both said, there's not really the demand for it at the moment, but if this changes I'll see what I can do.

Sign in to follow this