Sign in to follow this  
RMrulz

section31/helix no more?

Don't really know where else I might possibly find people who know the answer to this, so...

anybody know what happened to Section31.com and/or the Helix BBS?

Someone else asked this not too long ago, but I don't think anyone had any answers. :ohwell:

Oh well, it was worth a try. I haven't really visited any of the old Trek message boards I used to post on in awhile, and have lost touch with all the people I met through them, so I didn't know where else to try.

But hey, if it tricked you into coming back... :P

I passed by there as a guest once or twice a year, on average. Same here, as a matter of fact. Was just surprised to see it was suddenly completely gone. My departure from the Helix staff and membership might not have been the smoothest, to put it mildly, but there was a time several years ago where that site, along with a few others, occupied a significant portion of my free time. The nostalgic part of me just wondered where it went.

RM!! Do you even remember me? haha

I do! You were one of the very first people I ever remember posting with way back... what was it, 5 years ago? Time sure does fly.

has it been 5 years? wow, that's kinda crazy. As tot he Helix, i haven't even been to the place in about 3 years lol.

Maybe this is a touchy subject for some....but if that site is gone, who cares?

I always through that the "S31" that won the auction was a knock off...this was always the "real" section31 to me. They may have taken the domain, but we kept most of the people....and we kept the original message board (which, as far as I know, we still have the archives of?)

....and we kept the original message board (which, as far as I know, we still have the archives of?)

We had an archived version of the OL at one point, though I don't recall what period that archive covered. I also can't speak to whether it's still available on the site after the current staff did their house cleaning for the site relaunch.

The "new" S31 was always Trek 47 2.0 to me, what it previously was, not what S31 had been. It had a different message board base than we did, even at our prime, a little more general in its interests concerning Star Trek, possibly younger.

In the grand scheme of things, probably very few people care if that site is gone. Which site was the "real" Section 31 always seemed a silly debate to me. Each site had its content, loyal members, and BBS communities. Who had the more legitimate claim to a name never really mattered as far as I was concerned. Those of us old enough to remember the Tim Hansen days will always remember and appreciate the role he (and all the members and staffers of the original S31) played in the history of Trek fan sites.

EDIT: Wow. My signature really shows how long it's been since I was active on this and other message boards I used to post on...

Edited by RMrulz