Sign in to follow this  
Guest PROPHET

Members Photography

Guest Istari

I'm quite keen on my photography and recently have had the photo displayed publish in a local newspaper.

I started this thread so people can display work they are proud of.

post-75-1209323919.jpg

Edited by Istari

PB130011-1.jpg

I took this one in Apollo Bay, Victoria. I'm no photographer, just amateur stuff but I liked this one. Also this one (it's my favourite)

PB130007-1.jpg

for more of my photography visit my blog pic.fncker.com its mostly just the cream of the crop from my flickr

3190246640_0b98ce4c65.jpg

Edited by BoynamedSue

Is that natural lighting? Your blog post mentions a flash cable but I do not know what that is. Either way, it looks great. But I really like "Dia De Los Muertos."

A flash cable is pretty simple. its just a cable that attaches to your hot shoe (where you could connect an external flash on the top of your camera) and then you run that cable to your flash. So instead of having the flash hitting people dead on from your camera, you can light them from other directions. In that pic the flash is sitting on top of the pay phone they are talking on (same payphone) with a diffuser to soften the light a bit. If i had taken the same picture with the flash on the camera, the whole scene would be lit and you wouldn't get the dramatic shadows on their faces.

"Dia De Los Muertos." i think is still my favorite picture so far. Nothing fancy about that one. snapped it at the right place at the right time just as the sun was going down behind me. we'd dressed up and went to the cemetery in oakland for a day of the dead picnic.

Whoa, I really like all of those! Those beer bottle ones were really cool

In answer to your flicker debate, its the Golden Gate bridge. Trust me, they shoved that thing in as many shots as they could in this film, lol

The blurred bottles in the background does a fine job of making the subject stand out. As an aside, is she wearing tape on her wrists?

Thanks! I picked up lens recently with an aperture of 1.4, it makes shooting in low light easier and gives me the nice blurred backgrounds.

Mel is indeed wearing tape around her wrists. Its not visible in this shot but her wife beater is splattered with faux blood as well. She always has good outfits.

thanks!

I'm in the Canon camp because i know enough people with Canons that it made sense. I can trade or borrow equipment. I shoot with the XSI, but the rebel XS is just one step below that and you can get it for 500-600 dollars. If you can drum up around 900 dollars the Canon T1i that was just announced is a pretty badass camera for a completely reasonable price.

http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/canon...specd-20090325/

A few photos from the countryside in Morocco.

30cvdr7_th.jpg2mrz7tz_th.jpg2ds1xlw_th.jpg28tgtp0_th.jpg

2yuyrzt_th.jpg6puezp_th.jpgdxbib6_th.jpgr2mijo_th.jpg

1532v48_th.jpg2q8n1co_th.jpg205b7o7_th.jpg

IMG_2218.jpeg

This is a place called Gangaikonda Cholapuram. I visited there the week before last. This is one of a series of three temples built on this pattern - the first one (and most famous) is in Tanjore. This is the second, and the third is in Darasuram. All are pretty close to my home town. These temples were built by the Chola emperors who ruled between the 8th and 13th centuries.

There's more from my albums here

Edited by shash