TJ

Help!

Firefox seems to be clearing my cookies every so often. Possibly every time I completely close the browser?

No I do not have "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" checked. I can't figure out what is casuing this. It is REALLY annoying as I have to re-login to all my various forums...

I've noticed it on some sites, but never here.

Usually to do with clearing out cookies from the cache either by running anti-spyware or by the cookies expiring on their own.

I sometimes have this problem on some boards or other websites but it's not often and seems to be random. Sometimes it does after a browser crash, sometimes not. There must be some kind of trigger I'm missing.

This might seem like an obvious suggestion, but have you checked "Keep cookies until" under Tools->Options->Privacy? This is separate from the option about clearing private data upon exit, and one of the options is "Keep until I close Firefox".

I'm assuming that you're running the latest version when I point to this menu option. If not, upgrade and it may solve your problem.

This might seem like an obvious suggestion, but have you checked "Keep cookies until" under Tools->Options->Privacy? This is separate from the option about clearing private data upon exit, and one of the options is "Keep until I close Firefox".

I'm assuming that you're running the latest version when I point to this menu option. If not, upgrade and it may solve your problem.

They are set to keep until they "expire" and as far as I know it is the latest version. I did check for updates and it says there are no updates.

And it just happened after a browser crash.

Edited by TJ