Sign in to follow this  
forst

Should all the general sf&f forums be combined?

Combining Forums  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Hrm?

• Yes
    • No

Note: This is just my own personal poll, has nothing to do with the admins and has (most likely) no impact on anything.

Currently, we have three general science-fiction and fantasy forums:

Sci-Fi & Fantasy TV - Discuss Various Sci-Fi TV Series

Sci-Fi & Fantasy Films - Discuss Genre Movies

General Sci-fi & Fantasy - Discuss General Topics - Sci-Fi Literature, Music, Comics, Collectables, Anime, etc

Should these three forums be combined into one sf&f forum covering television shows, films, books, comics, et cetera? The General Sci-fi & Fantasy forum is mostly General Sci-fi & Fantasy Survivor threads, there are only a handful of current threads in the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Films forum, and the Sci-Fi & Fantasy TV forum is pretty hopping. If we combined them all together, it would help with the clutter and maybe maximize the odds that people will see threads and post in them.

We could sticky specific movie threads if a big film is coming out and we could still sticky individual episode threads for Heroes and any other shows that might warrant them. And Trek, BSG, the 'gates and Lost would still have their forums.

So, thoughts? Remember, this is a poll completely without merit.

I have no problem with merging them with their non-scifi counterparts. But it doesn't make sense to me combine the three. (Which I realize may contradict things I've said in the past in the RR.)

You mean like films regardless of genre; books etc; Misc TV likewise?

Whichever way, I think I could cope with a few less forums and a little more apparent action. :devil:

I voted no, with regards to general science-fiction and fantasy, I see no need to merge the three forums into a single big one fits all forum.

Edited by fdewaele

I voted in the affirmitive camp. That doesnt mean that I know how to spell.

Like Chakoteya said, simple is good.

When there is a lot of activity going on, its a good idea to branch out. Which may be one of the big reasons the General sci-fi topic was split up in the first place. When activity slows down, I think its better to re-group the forums into one cohesive whole. As mentioned before, it would seem to liven things up.

Is it better to have 3 slow moving forums, or 1 active forum? As long as its not too active, I vote for one good active forum over 3 slow ones.

So, overwhelming support for merging all the sf&f forums. Interesting. I have come across an example of a problem that pops up with all these different sf&f forums. If I want to start a thread about the Planet of the Apes universe, where does it go? In the films forum? In the TV forum? Planet of the Apes is both. If I put it in General, it seems out of place because it is both film and TV.

HRM.